CHAPTER 4

Flashback continued...

Confronting Edward Cullen.

On Monday morning I was afraid the Cullens will not show up. But when Rosalie showed up in second period, I felt relieved to say the least. I only focused on her thoughts and well she was not at all happy with me regarding the cafeteria incident from Friday.

I refrained from chit chatting with her and second period went quite quiet. 

Lunch time took centuries to grace me with its presence. As usual, I stole glances at the Cullens table, smartly without them knowing. They were as always involved in themselves. I picked up their thoughts and they were about some family baseball match, so I didn't pay much attention. Gaming was not really appealing to me but if called upon I could be pretty competitive because let's just say Emmaliese Marie Swan does not like to lose at all.

Entering in the last class, I was both nervous and excited. Nervous because I had to confront Edward Cullen, the gracefully aloof, gorgeous, antisocial lunatic who I had a feeling would not talk to me or give me any answer.

I was excited because well it's not everyday that you get talk to a vampire and I was sort of now bored with talking to humans.

I get it that weird was the word for people like me. No doubt.

Edward Cullen occupied the same seat he was sitting on since past one week. It was a one long hand distance away from my right, on my left was a wall because I sat in the last seat with no one.

I already planned on how to got us into talking terms. So when the teacher told us about the project we had to do in pairs and that we were free to choose our pair, my body worked on autopilot. I leaned side ways and took Edward Cullens free hand and raised it up in the air. I shivered with how freezing cold his hand was but I let it slide.

"We," I stated to the teacher. "Me and Edward will work together."

As the teacher wrote our name as the first pair in a diary, I felt Edward's gaze on me. I left his hand and sat back on my chair, staring directly at him.

His face was of complete astonishment and his mind was well blank. I gave him a smile which made him avert his gaze down to his table.

What is this girl doing? The only thought that popped in his mind.

I didn't pay attention to it though. Now that we were a pair for the project we had to spend time together and it felt strange to be in presence of Edward. I had to clear and calm my mind before doing the inevitable.

When the teacher was done with writing everybody's name, the class started as usual.

I tore a paper from my notebook and scribbled down the words I would regret later.

Meet me at the school backside after the final bell.

I read what I had written again and again. Sighing I folded it neatly and when no one was looking I put it on Edward Cullens table.

He looked at the paper as if it was a ticking time bomb before finally taking it some two hundered centuries later.

I plastered my face on the board, rolling my eyes. Whatever the teacher was writing looked like a jibberish because my mind was definitely focusing on the velvety voice of the Cullen's thoughts which felt like a hushed whisper coming from his mind.

What's this?

It's a paper, Cullen. Sort of a note.

Why does she wants to meet me at such a secluded area?