Chapter 9

THIRD PERSON POV

It's been two weeks and Cairo still doesn't have an answer to Gavreel's request. Risa suggested doing it but London wants to prevent which may cause a little argument on the couple. He's more stressed thinking it and adding up the preschool of Mykonos which he's filling up the form now. He's now confused about what to put if he wants to add Gavreel in his son's information as to his father.

Gavreel on the other hand has held not to be patient for the longest time. Well technically, he just ordered someone to keep a lookout on them. The files from his new investigator have arrived but he didn't dare to read them yet. He keeps himself busy with the upcoming anniversary of his company. He'd want Miko and Cairo to come as his plus ones but he knows it will be a talk of the town once they know their existence, putting their privacy at risk. A ring from his office phone brought him back to his senses.

"Yes?", he answered.

"Sir, Ms. Gatdula is entering your office"

"You don't need to tell me that", as he sighed and there was a concerned Pearl in front of him.

"So, how did it go? Did you talk to him?", as he sighed.

"Yes Pearl and that's not the only thing we did"

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"He, I mean Cairo told me I have a son, his name is Mykonos", Pearl was shocked.

"OMG? This means I have a nephew?"

"Who says we're related? Yes, he confirmed it to me, and it's stressing me out", as Pearl seated.

"So, what are you gonna do now?", he leans back on his chair.

"Wait until he makes a decision"

"What decision?"

"To let me be the father of Miko"

"Wow, knowing you being an impatient ass, I'm impressed"

"Believe me, I'm also impressed by myself but you know me, I had to do something"

"You hire someone to look after them, typical Alarcon", as he looks at the folder.

"What you got there?", Pearl was also curious about the folder.

"The reason why he left five years ago", as this made the expression of Pearl changed.

"Ah, have you read it?", as he shook his head.

"Not yet, not until he makes a decision", as she just nodded.

"Where did you get it? To the investigator, I recommended to you?"

"No, I hired a new one, that person was getting nowhere"

"Ah, hehe, I'm sorry I thought he's good"

"It's fine, this new one got my info in just days", as Pearl was tapping his nails on the table.

"Uhm, Gav, I think I better go, I suddenly remembered something", Pearl stand up.

"What about the fittings of the suit?"

"I can just get Michael to give you the suits, OK?", as she walked away to the door.

"I'll just give you an update through on what to do, bye", as Pearl leaves his office.

"Well that was weird for her, she usually the one who is hands-on the fittings of my occasion", as Gavreel just shrugged it out and file some documents to keep himself busy for now.

Meanwhile, Cairo was just holding the business card of Gavreel, his decision right now will affect not only him but his son.

He's in the dining area, sitting and tapping his finger on the table. His mind is still at loss on what to do. Why did he even tell Gavreel about Mykonos?

He was busy thinking when someone hugged his thigh and it surprised him. It was Miko who was happy looking at him.

"Pa, what doing?", he just smiles at his son and lifts him.

"Nothing bud, how about you? What are you doing"

"Miss mistew ice cream", as he sighed, even Miko reminded him of Gavreel.

"You miss him?", as he nodded.

"Want to talk to him?", as he shakes his hand.

"You said you miss him"

"Papa no like mistew"

"I don't hate him bud, it's just that - nevermind, I'll tell you when you're older, OK?", he kissed his forehead.

"Miko, I hope you're happy from what may be my choice", he whispered.

"Let's get to the bath so you can go to Auntie Risa", as he lifts his son and just put the business card on his bag. He changed also his workplace attire and head to his brother's house. He hands Miko who slept throughout the ride. He hailed a cab and straight to the restaurant.

They are doing a catering service in a hotel and he was hurrying up to enter the elevator. Luckily, he saw an empty one and immediately press the floor number but a person enters with him there. He thought that nothing will happen in his work except Gavreel but he's not hoping that he would show up here until someone again from his past showed up.

It's Wesley. His childhood best friend but left him when he discovered that he was an omega. He immediately avoided interaction as they enter the same elevator. He wishes that he didn't remember him.

"Long time no see Cai", as it shocked him upon hearing it to Wesley's mouth.

"U-hm, I don't know who you are", he just chuckled but it was a dark one.

"Don't play coy with me, Cai, it's me don't you remember, your best friend", as he slowly going near to him.

"I don't know what are you talking about", as Cairo was backing up until he reached the corner of the elevator while Wesley was just smirking.

"You look good being an omega Cai", he whispered to him but as soon as the elevator door, another person was on the other side.

It was Gavreel.