Chapter 1

Cairo Lazaro POV

Juggling being a parent and working full-time is hard work but I do it because of him.

The love of my life, the one who brought hope to my darkest times. My son, Mykonos, an angel given to me.

I am now 25 years old and my beanie is 5. I graduated high school after the birth of my son. As an omega, I can bear children but in this world, there's no fated partner. Our status is our societal placement in this world.

Alphas are the dominant population that controls most of the world. Betas are second-hand to the Alphas and are considered the "normal" population. Then there's us, the Omegas, we only serve Alphas and give birth. We are considered the lowest of the population especially male omegas. We are called freaks and rare at the same time. I've learned that my breed is often kidnapped and used for prostitution. Heats are the most painful part of being an omega and they can make any alpha rut if near to it.

For all my life, I've always been looked down on by other people. Bullied, beaten up, embarrassed, and more than I could think of.

I only made one friend and her name was Risa. She was a fellow omega, she was bullied also and protected her so the beating would go to me. Since then, we've been together and supported me through my struggles.

She is now married and with two kids to his ever-loving beta husband, my brother London. I always put Miko to their house when I'm at work.

I'm a waiter in a fancy restaurant, only high-classes of people eat here which means Alphas mostly dine here.

It was a struggle for me to keep my heats regulated. I had to take an ample amount of heat-reducing pills to avoid unmarked alphas.

I had to endure the stares and sometimes blatant disregard when I'm their server because of me being an omega or being violated by ungrateful Alphas.

But for Myko, I'll do everything to give him the life I want him to have. I don't need help even that guy. I'm independent enough without him.

It's late in the evening. There's a huge event, a party of some sort to a bachelor alpha. I was advised not to serve because it was strictly no omegas to be present. So I handled the dishes, I don't know whose alpha is having a party but I don't care. I'm too old for those.

"Lazaro, throw out the trash", one of the head personnel in the kitchen shouted.

"But sir, I have to finish the plates", she shoved two huge trash bags at me.

"The event head coordinator is coming inside and he hates omega. So throw this and wait outside, someone will replace you and will call you back after", as I sigh and just nodded.

It's still hurt knowing I'm the only omega in the staff and they can't fire me because I'm doing good in my job so I have to accept these type of things even it belittles me.

I am outside heading to the dumpster. It so chilly today and I hope Miko is sleeping right now.

He doesn't sleep until I come home. He would blabber or do something to keep him awake as Risa said. He is a stubborn kid, he got that from...

"No Cai, remember, you have Miko and he left", as my memories keep popping up of him. Every time I see Myko, I see a part of him. The way he smiles, his behaviors even his cute dimples.

Somewhere in my heart, it's still longing but that was five years ago. He abandoned me when I needed him the most and I will never forgive him for that.

Upon arriving at the dumpster, I can see that the party was going because I see some guests going to the cars.

There's one person who keeps looking at me on the other side. I decide to ignore it as I throw the bags. I never noticed that he's coming towards me. Until I turn and he's facing me, menacingly smiling.

"Uh, can I help you?", I try to be polite as possible even though I feel uncomfortable.

"Say, you're an omega?", as I felt shivers on my body and his voice oozes alpha.

"I don't think my status is none of your concern, please excuse me", as I try to escape from the guy. My gut is telling me his intent is not good.

"You dare talk back to an alpha?", as he grabbed my arm. I try to tug out his hand but he's damn strong.

"What the hell? Let me go!"

"You know what do I do to disrespectful omega?", as he pushes me to a wall. Now, he's imprisoned me with his grip. I kicked his groins and it jolted him. He loosens his hands and my chance to escape. 

I push him back and run as fast I could. Looking back, I saw him chasing me. I need to go to the police. I run not knowing where I'm heading until I bump into someone hard.

"I-i'm sorry", as my head while my body is on the pavement recovering from the impact. My vision was kinda fuzzy until I saw a hand offered to me by the person. I hold it and try to stand with the boost from the guy.

"I'm sorry again", as I stand up and dust off. I look at my back looking as if I'm still followed.

"It's OK", as I heard a voice near me. My heart started beating faster. That voice, I knew that very well. I nervously look back.

My eyes widened in shock and saw the person whom I ought to not ever meet again.

"Hi Cai"

"G-gav?"