Chapter 3

Gavreel Alarcon's POV

After five years of looking for him, I found him by coincidence. The tiresome days turn to years. Cowardice that causes all of these and a mistake that my parents have done nail the coffin of not seeing for the past years.

He's still the same but now he's more guarded. I know him, he tends to hide his emotions by creating a wall. I can't grasp my feeling upon looking at him again for years yearning for his presence.

Then reality hit me, I can't be the same as before. He doesn't need me. I can see in his eyes that he hates me. I get it. I let him feel neglected when he was with me. I can't even protect him. I love him, I truly do but I was a coward. I let my parents control my life ignoring the best thing that happened to me.

"Hey Gav, what's up?", I heard someone called me and seeing it was Terrence.

"Hey what's bring you here in the office?"

"I've heard from Pearl that you found him", as I sigh, leaning back to my chair.

"Yes but it's impossible to reconcile with him", as he sits on the sofa in my office.

"Is it because of us before? Man, I'm sorry that it's still causing you trouble"

"No it's OK, it's all in the past, you have Kych and what happened to us was my parents' fault", as I reminisce back when my father wants me to marry the alpha of his business partner which happens to be Terrence. To be honest, Terrence doesn't have a fling with me ever since he met Kych Minemoto. We've been pushed around to events as a couple leaving him abandoned always. Until now, Terrence still feels guilty about what happened.

"How about this, I'll talk to him and explain everything to him"

"Terrence, it's fine, it's my problem and you have your problem. You do remember that your future husband is pregnant"

"Oh shoot, I almost forgot Kych's request, thanks for reminding me. I'm so getting a nogging from him"

"How's the craving by the way?"

"It's been hell, I can't find a bacon-flavored ice cream here so I just mix vanilla ice cream and crushed up bacon", as I felt disgusted hearing it.

"Well good luck with that", he nodded and immediately leave for my office.

Now, I'm alone. I can't help but smile at thinking about having a child. I would be a great father. I would never let myself hinder my child's dream and desire. I want to have a child but I want also to be him on my behalf. I want to have a family with him.

Hours have passed and it's afternoon now as I finish all my paperwork. The phone ring and I answered it.

"Sir, Ms. Gatdula is coming to your office", as my secretary told me through the phone.

"OK, let her in", as I soon finish she immediately barged inside my office.

"Gav, is it true? It's Cairo? Did you talk? How is he?"

"Didn't you confirmed it to Terrence but you're still confused?"

"I couldn't believe the text you send me the other night, for how many years you looked for him, it's a momentous event for you"

"I wouldn't say the same for him", as I still remember what he said that night.

"Oh, I hope he's well though"

"He is, he just doesn't want to see me"

"So, what are you gonna do now?", I look at my phone showing the old picture of us, the time that we took a couple of pictures.

"I don't know, I know where he's working and he's living"

"Then go to him, don't just slump there like a pussy"

"Do I need to reiterate what he said to me?"

"So what? You're saying you're giving up? That's not the Gavreel I know. If you want something, there are many ways to do it. Grab this chance while you still can or you'll never see him again" Pearl does give meaningful advice and she's right, I need to grab this opportunity while I still can or I will forever regret it.

"As much I want to give you ideas to pursue him, it's not my business to meddle and it's should be you need to find a way to him" This woman is so unpredictable. It feels like she's hiding something from me.

"Wait, where are you going?"

"I have a date later, I need to glam up"

"Then why are you here?"

"Just to clarify the scoop you've given me"

"Really? You could've just called me"

"It's better to hear it in person", as her phone beeped.

"Oh my hair appointment is here, I better go bye"

"OK Madam, just don't let it be like James", she snickered and gave me the finger. I just chuckle while she exits in my office.

Now, I'm thinking about how to approach him again. To gain his trust in me, I need to show that I'm not that Gavreel before.

"Think Gav, think"

"Invite him to dinner, no he'll just reject me"

"Give him sunflowers, no he'll just throw it away"

"Call him, I don't even have his number", as I then realized I'm an acquaintance with the owner of his workplace.

"Maybe I could get some information from him", as I called my secretary.

"Mae, can you find the contact number of the owner of PAS/IG, Mr.Cruz?"

"Okay sir, I'll just pull our phone lists"

"Thanks, Mae, text me the number if you're done and clear all my schedules tomorrow"

"Sir, you have a meeting with the potential investor, Mr. Torres tomorrow", as I remember that stupid son of a b*tch, he keeps bugging me on buying some shares on my company. I know him by the business folks and Terrence that he's controlling and likes to be above everything.

"Cancel that also and told Mr. Torres, I don't need his money for the last time"

"OK sir, I'll give an update after", as I end the call. I look at the window as the sun slowly falls. Hoping that we could go back. I have a minuscule chance but it's still I chance I'm willing to risk. My phone beeped and I receive the contact number.