Chapter 5

Third Person POV

It's been a week since Gavreel visited the residence of Risa and London. He's been busy after that with the sudden happening to one of their manufacturing buildings being burned down thus he didn't have time to think why did London said about Miko and Cairo being linked.

Cairo on the other hand has passed his heat early which means he already has some free days with his son. Risa didn't utter any word regarding Gavreel and she managed London to be silent about it. Cairo and Miko are having breakfast with Risa and her niece, Kourtney Kane, or as they call her "Kokai". London is on fieldwork so Cairo decided to aide her while he's gone.

"How many days do you have before you go back to work?", Risa sips her coffee.

"Two days, it's a good thing that my heat subsided early on. I miss him and it's a bitch to still have this"

"Well you're unmated and not marked so you still have these phases every month"

"It's never been beneficial to my work cause it's a no-pay leave"

"Why don't you move to another job?", Risa ask.

"You know I don't have the right educational attainment and who would accept an omega in a higher class job?"

"I mean you could work a cashier at a convenience store, I heard they're hiring near our street"

"As much as I want to, the pay is different than I have on the restaurant", as it was factual, the average pay of the convenience store employee is three times lower than his work now as a staff on the restaurant.

"I still have to pay rent and bills and Miko is starting pre-school so I still need this job"

"Then why don't you accept our offer to live here with us? There's space for you two and we'll just have to split the bills"

"Risa, we've been over this, I want to thank you for the offer but I want to raise Miko by myself. You've helped me enough when I was pregnant"

"OK but the offer still stands", as I smile and nodded.

"Let's stop talking about me, how about you? How's a baby boy coming?"

"He's been a struggle, he's more active than her sister", as he chuckled.

"I guess he got his father's spunk"

"It's so weird though, I hated London more often and I'd like to meet Paris even more"

"That's why my brother is such smug sometimes, you love Paris more than him"

"It's not true, I'd just like to hang out with my baby brother-in-law"

"Well he's in college now and you can't see him", Risa pouts and Cairo chuckles. He still remembers in high school why she keeps coming to their house and later he finds out that she likes London and fast forward today, they're as sweet as pineapple as a married couple.

"So, how would you schedule yourself to accommodate Miko to his school without sacrificing sleep?"

"You ask the guy who played games all-nighter and still gets up early then you"

"That's because you didn't sleep", as they laugh and the two kids were confused with their parents.

"In all seriousness Cai, can you keep it up? You've been stressed enough at work. How about parent meetings or activities?", as he was just silent on the question.

"I'll make it work, for him", as he looks at his son and Mykonos smiled at him. It warms his heart. Risa on the other hand wants to tell Cai what happened and suggest that he needs Gavreel but she's not in the right position to do that.

"Regarding London, he was about to say something to me. Do you know what that was?", Risa choked on her coffee.

"Risa, are you OK? Is the coffee too hot?", as Cairo wiped her face.

"I'm fine, just don't mind what London would've said, it's something about my due if you can look after Kokai while in the hospital", as Risa dodged the question with a lie.

"You know I'll do that and did you read the stuff when it happens?"

"You know London is always prepared"

"But at the same time panicked like a maniac", as they both laughed until Mykonos came up tugging his father's pants.

"Papa I want to go park", as Cai lift his son.

"You want to go?", as he nodded.

"That's great baby, how about we bring Kookai also?", as Miko clapped his hands gleefully.

"Are you OK with it Risa?", she nodded and Kokai came to them and jumped happily.

"Let's take a bath first and dress new clothes so it's not so hot going outside", as the two babies nodded.

The kids were given a bath and were changed to colorful clothes. The three head outside after going to the park which was a couple of blocks from the house.

"OK we're here, don't go too far on the playground, I'll be on that bench, OK?", the two nod and ran after to the playground. Cairo just heads to the bench and puts down the bag.

Around 2 hours, he sees Kokai running to him. His niece was crying a lot with Miko's whistle. The whistle supposedly helped if he got lost.

"Kokai, where's Miko?"

"Don't know, no see Miko", as the kid sobs more. Cairo lifts her with panic knowing his son was gone from his sight.

"Let's find him OK", he grabbed the bag and started looking. He started roaming on the playground. Asking kids and parents, if they saw his kid.

Thoughts clouded his mind every hour he didn't see his son. He started crying when he felt he can't find Mykonos.

"Papa", as he heard a voice. A familiar voice and by finding it. He sees his son holding an ice cream smiling. He's held by someone. The person he doesn't want to be close with. The person that his son doesn't want to know. The father of his son. Gavreel.