Chapter 13

Cairo POV

"You what?!!!" A shout from my brother after explaining what happened today after seeing us going out with Gavreel while holding Miko. My best friend is calming her down.

"Let me get this straight, Gavreel found Mykonos and you told him out of nowhere that he's his father same thing with Miko and you don't plan to tell me about this?" London looks so pissed.

"This is why I didn't tell you because you would act like this" I reply.

"Act like this? Cai, didn't you forget what that bastard's family done to you and our parents?" A wave of guilt creeps into my body.

"I'm sorry, is just that I don't want Mykonos to at least know who his father is"

"London, love just trust Cairo in his decision, he's grown and he's just looking out to our nephew"

"Risa, you don't know that man and what they're capable of" I heard little stomping and saw my baby running towards me.

"unclew angry?" I sigh

"No bub, he's just happy for your baby cousin" I ruffled his head.

"baby my ass" London replied which earned him a slap on the arm from his wife.

"Cai, do you still love him?" A question that still lingers through all these years.

"I don't know brother, I don't know"

Gavreel POV

(A Week Later)

I don't know but I feel so happy last week ever since our son knows me as his father. I've been scrolling down on my phone looking at the photos taken last week. Look how happy he is and also Cairo.

"Cai," I thought I never see you, I still love you and I never regret trusting you. Pearl insisted that I should put on a DNA test on Miko to know that it was legitimate. It should arrive today. 

"Mr. Alarcon, Ms. Gatdula is approaching the office holding an envelope," I think this is it.
Pearl arrived as grand as ever.

"I come to you from the gorgeous municipality, Pasig City" I roll my eyes at her for being extra.

"Hi Pearl"

"Just Hi Pearl?" I roll my eyes again.

"How are you and that Alex-person?"  I can see her slight blush.

"It's private, you should not snoop on other people's dating scene"

"Says the girl who constantly gossips with the employees to know my love life status" as it's her turn to roll her eyes.

"Just give it to me"

"Hey Mr. Alarcon,  I didn't come three hours through traffic just to be your mail woman"

"Let me read it first, I'm the one who's gonna know if I'm the father or not?"

"Ok, smarty pants" She hands me the envelope and I can see her hesitation. What's up with her?

I don't know what I'm feeling right now, it's a mix of nervousness and excitement. I remove the envelope and read the paper.

My tears fall as I read the result.

"99.098%" I was crying and laughing,  it felt like all my doubts were washed away.

"oi, Gavreel Alarcon, what happened? Why are you being snotty and crazy laughing?" I give her the paper. My baby Mykonos, my son. I'm just so happy right now.

"Oh wow, Congrats I guess I'm gonna start making a children's line on my collection"

"Always a step ahead huh"

"Well, I did peek at the envelope, you can just use the sun"

"Sneaky as ever"

"You know it babe", as she flicks her hair.

"In all seriousness, what are you feeling right now?"  she asks.

"Happy, excited,  contentment"

"Well, as long as you're happy, I'll support you all the way, at least you're not a bachelor anymore Mr. Alarcon"

"I'll treat them to dinner maybe tomorrow"

"Ooh, not you using your son to get with Cai but go off sis"

"That's not what I'm doing Pearl"

"Say that to the years that I know you"

"Whatever", as I grab my phone and look for a nice restaurant to book until I got a call and it was from Cairo. I got surprised and excited. I sigh and answer it.

"Cairo, you called?"

"Sir, this is not Mr. Lazaro, I'm calling from the hospital, your name was one of his contacts, I'm here to inform you that he was involved in an accident" my world stopped and my heart beats rapidly.

"Can you tell me the hospital?"

"Of course sir", I stand up and grab my coat.

"I have to go Pearl something happened to Cai"

"Hey, let me come with you" as we both hurry while my mind is in shambles on what happened to him.

"Please Cai, be safe"