Chapter 11

Gavreel POV

I'm currently outside of Cairo's place. I insist to offer a ride with them. I'm finally being introduced to my son as his other father. I'm so happy but last night, I'm still in confusion why he was crying.

Flashback

"What happened?", as he is still crying in my chest.

"Did you London fought?", as he was just leaning still. I don't know what to say, I'm not in the position to meddle in his life but if it's affecting him this badly.

"Papa", as a voice at the back seat was heard and Mico was having a nightmare.

"Papa? Papa", as his face scrunched up, crying in his sleep. Cairo immediately removed his presence near and remove Mico's seatbelt. He lifted him and cradled.

"I'm here, I'm here", he whispers and omitting his pheromones which made him calm even I was relaxed.

"I'm sorry Mico", as he was about to cry again.

"You can hold Mico, it's so late, just tell me where to go to", he told me the place and I tap it on my GPS.

There was it again, silence but it was different this time. Cairo and Mico were sleeping. He was exhausted from work and all the things that happened back there.

I hope I could comfort him but I can't. I lose that chance for years now and now knowing Mico is in the picture, Cairo isn't the same I knew before.

We've arrived at the apartment building. It was a decent neighborhood. I look at them, I can't help to smile seeing them here. Now I have a chance to be with them and there's no more stopping me from doing it. Cairo woke up and I snapped back and look away.

"Are we here?", as I just nodded.

"Thanks", as he tried to grab the back on the back but I grabbed it instead and gave it to him.

"We better get going", as he opened the door.

"Hey Cairo", as he looked at me.

"What time will we meet? Can I drive you both there", he sighed.

"10 in the morning", as he left out of the car. I looked from afar as he goes to the entrance. As soon he heads to the elevator, I close the car door. I sighed and leaned back. I won't fail this and I'm so excited to be officially known as my son's father.

End of Flashback

It's a good thing, it's a holiday today. I can have a day off too. I look at my watch, 15 minutes before ten. Is this too early? Should I bring something for Cai too? I look at the gift for Mico. I look around the place and I saw a near flower shop. There's still a time so I head on it.

I look at the varieties of flowers and I saw the plant that reminded me of us before, the sunflower.

"A bouquet of sunflower", as the vendor prop up the flowers and I paid it after. I look at the time, it's almost 10 as I head back holding the bouquet.

As I go back to the entrance, I saw whom I've been expecting this day. Cairo and our son, Mico who looks cute in their clothes.

"I hope I'm on time", as I pause for lack of air running to them.

"Where did you go and you're running a marathon", as I give him the flower.

"Here, for you", as he has his confused look.

"You didn't have to", as he just holds it.

"mistew ice cream", as I smiled looking at him.

"Hey there bud, how are you? Are you being a good boy?", he nodded.

"super good", as he answered.

"That's good to hear and I have a gift for being a good boy", as I opened the car door and grabbed the building block toys.

"Here, I heard that you like making castles so I have this", as he was jumping in joy.

"Papa, lego, lego", as I give it to him.

"Gavreel, isn't it a bit expensive?"

"It's fine Cairo, I wouldn't mind spending on him"

"tank you mistew", as I ruffle his hair.

"Always, let's go?", as I open the car door.

"You ready Mico?", as I smiled and he smiled back and nodded.

"Be careful bub", as he was struggling while holding his toy. Cairo was slowly helping him lift the car seat.

"Papa, can I seat with mistew?", as Cairo and I look at each other.

"Would you want Papa to seat with you?", I ask and he nodded.

"I'll just put your bags and the stuff in the back seat", as I do what I say and close the doors, and head to the mall.

I can't help to feel giddy inside as I feel like we're a family as Mico holds one of our hands.

"Papa, hungry", Mico said with an acute stomach grumble.

"We can go to the mall food court and after we can head to the play zone. It's quite near to it", as I suggested and Cairo just nodded and lift Mico.

We arrive at the place and order just a simple meal and a kiddie one for our son. This is the first time since he left that we're eating together and now with Mico, I couldn't be happier.

" Hey how about we video call Pearl? She also can't wait to meet you again", as I suggest but Cairo's expression kinda changed when he heard her name.

"Yeah sure", he answers and I dial her. A minute has passed but no answer until a different person answered.

" This is Pearl's phone, how can I help you?", a woman with red hair was on the other line.

"Where's Pearl?", as I ask.

" Oh she's in the shower right now and I saw her phone beeping so I answer it. You wouldn't know if it's a business call or something", as she smiles.

"Can I know who am I talking to?", I ask.

"Oh, I'm Alex Aguirre at your service and you're also curious what's my relationship with Pearl. I'm let's say her current getting to know each other mate", I blinked a couple of times. So this is that person Pearl kept seeing now, good for her.

"Thanks for the specifics, I'm Gavreel Alarco, Pearl's friend. Hey Alex, I'll just end this call. Just tell Pearl I called and I'll tell her the details of my event later"

"Ok Dokie, nice meeting you Gavreel and I'll tell her that. Bye my dude", as she showed a peace sign and I end the call. Well, that was different.

"Pearl is not currently available right now", I put my phone in my pocket and he just nodded. We continue eating food.

After an hour we finished the food, Mico was excited about the play zone near the food court. He both pulls us and we look at each other. I guess it's family playtime.

New Character: