21

CEDRIC
_____________

Time kept passing and soon, we were at the end of the school year. Mad-Eye's classes were still horrible, but at least they were bearable. Every student's emotions became tenser as the final task of the Tournament was near. My friendship with Neville and Pauline became even closer, and about Fred... nothing. Everything with him went back to normal; the laughs, the arguments and the mockery, it was almost like that kiss never happened.

Even though it was pretty alive in my mind before going to sleep.

"Lin, how is Fleur about tomorrow's task?" Liv asked while we were hanging out together at the Garden.

"She's scared but also very excited, she says she feels like she's on a rollercoaster," Pauline said, licking her orange ice lolly and putting on her sunglasses. Her accent had changed a lot during these months, because of Liv and I's influence, now she spoke with a mixture of French, British and American accent which resulted very attractive.

It was a pretty bright day for being in the Scottish highlands and we all were enjoying the sunny weather with our ice lollies and almost-summer vibes. Liv was by my side, leaning against the tree trunk with her blue heart-shaped sunglasses, hiding from the sun since it wasn't very good for her skin and I was resting in her lap enjoying my blueberry-flavoured sweet.

"The world's ending, Harry. I'm telling you." I heard little Weasley, speaking at the other corner of the Garden. Apparently, they just got out of class and soon, they were joined by Weasley girl and the twins.

Unintentionally, my entire attention focused straight on them. I was still fighting against the tingles and restlessness that appeared in my guts every time I thought about Fred Weasley, even though I didn't know how to stop it or to calm it.

"Why is it, Ronnie? Krum finally confessed his love for you" Fred joked, resting his arm on Ron's shoulder.

"No," he softly replied, so shocked that he didn't even care about his brother's comment. "We just left Potions and you won't believe it, but Neville got one of the best marks in the last exam and Snape treated him well."

Both Fred and George scowled.

"Snape is getting soft, huh?" George smiled.

"I don't know but it was very weird." Potter intervened, "It was like if Snape didn't want to treat Neville so well but he had to."

"You see? I wouldn't be surprised if now McGonagall announces she's dating Mrs Norris."

Everyone chuckled except for one person who wasn't paying attention at all. His eyes met mine and narrowed, examining me, connecting dots. I didn't want Fred to think I was listening to their conversation or that I helped Neville whatsoever because even though I had good intentions, they would find a way to put it against me and I didn't want it to affect Nev.

✵ ✵ ✵

Everyone was hyping up the contestants before they enter the labyrinth. All of them were incredibly excited and the public roared, the past snug towards Potter already disappear and he was being as hyped as the other ones. I was sitting next to Draco, saving the two seats next to me for Olivia and Pauline - who I haven't seen in all day because of the classes -, pretty close to the field where we had a very clear view of everything that was happening.