82

FREDDIE'S CARES

_____________

Even though Fred's bed was one of the most comfortable ones I ever slept in, at some point during the night, I couldn't help but slightly wake up when I felt someone sleeping by my side who wasn't Liv nor Hermione. My eyes opened dimly and I melted as soon as I saw him.

Even profoundly asleep he was incredibly handsome - fucking Merlin, how could some be so handsome? - and memorising in my mind every single detail in his god-like face, I had the urge to touch him.

Fred's eyelashes almost rested over his cheekbones, his lips were slightly opened and his breathing was calm and paused while the moonlight from the window illuminated very dimly the dorm.

Thinking about how much he had worried about me and how well he was treating me, the feelings inside of me burnt me more than ever and the butterflies felt more like a hurricane at this point.

I can't hold it anymore. I need to say it out loud.

Caressing the smooth skin of his cheek, making sure he was still sleeping, and with my heart pounding so hard I thought it would wake him up, I approached him a bit more.

"I love you, Fred Weasley," I whispered in a low voice, admiring his serene face, the curve of his lips, the little freckles spread on his cheeks. In an outburst of emotion, I left a quick and delicate kiss on his dimly opened lips, wanting to fuse with him. "I love you so fucking much."

Fred moved slightly and breathed more heavily. Fuck, fuck, fuck, please, keep sleeping!

My heart pounded in my chest with more strength than ever before and I felt the blood abandoning my face.

However, Fred didn't move, he simply babbled something in his dream and continued sleeping.

I sighed relieved and with a little smile on my lips, I finally fell asleep too, appreciating the ginger's features and slightly more liberated now that I was able to put into words those consuming feelings.

✵ ✵ ✵

When I woke up by the dim light entering the room, I was surprised not only by the fact that I didn't have any kind of nightmare during the night but also by seeing a couple of strong arms carefully hugging me from behind as a paused breathing could be heard right behind my ear. I didn't know at what point Fred started hugging me in our sleep but I felt so protected and comfortable in his arms that couldn't even think about moving aside.

Fred cleared his throat and I felt how he took one of his arms to rub his eye.

"Good morning, darling," he murmured with a gruff sleepy voice that would have turned me on if it wasn't because my body still hurt. "How did you sleep?"

He tried to pull me even closer to his body but didn't control his strength and hurt my waist a little bit, making me hiss.

"Oh Merlin, I'm so sorry! I'm so so sorry! Are you okay? Did I hurt you?"

"It's okay, I'm still weak, sorry. But I slept really well," I turned around to face him and give him a smile, showing I was indeed fine.

"Did I bother you?"

"Not a bit."

Fred imitated my smile and took his hand to stroke my cheek softly. The butterflies grouped in my stomach and I forced myself not to put my eyes away from his.