88

THE TRUTH ABOUT SEVERUS SNAPE

____________

"Here, let me put you a sober spell. You can't appear this drunk in front of Mrs Weasley," Remus said, grabbing my wrist carefully.

"W-where are we - going?" I managed to speak, quite tongue-tied.

"The Burrow, we will explain to you the entire situation in there," he immediately replied, looking for his wand.

"Hang on- what about Liv and Lin? And the twins?"

"Tonks is coming to wake them up, she has to take Liv first to Hogwarts to make sure Luna is okay. The twins are already at the Burrow."

"And Draco?!" I asked, nervous when Remus mentioned Luna. The man seemed to hesitate.

"We will talk about him later, dear. Don't worry, okay?" He finally said, picking his wand and putting it softly against me.

"I'm sorry for being this hammered, Remus..." I whispered, a bit embarrassed. Lupin smiled at me, more relaxed but still with the nerves on edge.

"Nothing to apologise for, dear. You didn't know and you deserve to have fun," he applied the spell and then grabbed my hand. "Now, let's go."

We appeared at the Burrow, already with the morning sun shining bright behind the house, painting the sky with soft yellow and blue tones, my head clearer than before and chewing gum to hide the alcohol smell. At the door, we found a sobby Molly Weasley who opened her arms widely to welcome us. Remus was the first one to hug her since I still was a bit doubtful.

"Oh, Remus..." she sobbed in the man's arms, with her brown eyes kinda swollen and red. "What a tragedy..."

"I know, Molly," Lupin replied as softly as he could, putting a bit of distance between them. "Is Harry already in here?"

"Yes, the poor boy arrived early in the morning, he will be going later to the funeral and then probably will be sent with his muggle relatives. Those Dursley..." she snorted in disapproval. As soon as her eyes focused on me, her eyes watered again and she hugged me tightly before I could say anything. "Oh, my dear Lilith, I'm terribly sorry, dear... terribly sorry."

My heart started to pound against my chest nervously. Why was she giving me her condolences when I barely knew Dumbledore and definitely didn't feel any kind of affection for him? Was it because something happened to Draco?

"Remus..." I whispered, scared.

The man sighed hard, "Molly, Lilith doesn't know all the details of...Dumbledore's incident."

Mrs Weasley sorted her eyes, open wide, from Remus to me and she caressed my hair, giving me a pity look while tutted. "Come inside, dear. You'll like to be sat down once you hear the news."

Inside the living room, I found almost all the Weasleys sat down, surrounding Harry, Ron and Hermione. The first boy looked quite disturbed and annoyed. I immediately took a seat next to the Granger girl.

"Now, is anyone going to tell me what the hell happened?" I burst out after a good couple of seconds of silence.

"You already know that Dumbledore died," Remus started, after swallowing hard. I nodded. "But you don't know who killed him."

I scowled. "Killed?"

Remus was about to continue, but Harry interrupted him with a soft but still cold tone.

"It was your uncle," he said looking straight at me, "I'm sorry, Lilith. He's a Death Eater."

I felt my blood freezing in my veins and my sight going blurry. I snorted, thinking it was just a really bad joke, but the seriousness in everyone's eyes told me it was true. Oh, Merlin...