100

LUNA

_____________

When December arrived - after the cosy and calm days we got the chance to enjoy, even though being far from their families and not being able to communicate with them was being harsh for my friends - days later after Christmas, we had to connect Potterwatch again under the password; Phoenix, to give tragic news;

"We regret to inform you that the remains of Bathilda Bagshot have been discovered in Godric's Hollow. The evidence is that despite sightings of her out walking in Godric's Hollow, Bathilda died several months ago. The Order of the Phoenix informs us that her body showed unmistakable signs of injury inflicted by Dark Magic." Lee announced.

"There was also evidence of a recent battle in her home, and the building next door." I struggled to say, still trying to process all the information.

Harry was sighted at Godric's Hollows with Hermione, the remains of Bathilda Bagshot had been possessed by Nagini, You-Know-Who's most precious ally. Luckily, both Harry and Hermione managed to get out of there safe and sound and go back into hiding, and even though that meant we wouldn't know anything about the Potter boy for Merlin knows how much time and we hadn't received either any news about Ron, we tried all to convenience ourselves that they were able to take care of each other and to think positively.

"And, has the Wizarding Wireless Network News reported any of this? No." Fred protested.

"The Wizarding Wireless "No News" Network." George ironized with a dry tone.

"Sadly, these aren't the only deaths that the News Network and Daily Prophet didn't think important enough to mention. It is with great regret that we inform our listeners of the murder of Ted Tonks and Dirk Cresswell. A goblin by the name of Gornuk was also killed. It is believed that Muggle-born Dean Thomas and a second goblin both believed to be travelling with Tonks, Cresswell, and Gornuk, may have escaped. If Dean is listening, your parents and sisters are pretty desperate for news. We have to go off the air now, but as we do, we ask you to take a moment's silence, in memory of those who have fallen." Lee finally concluded.

Ted Tonks's death came as a huge bleak shock; he had been a good man with only pure intentions, even though I only met him once, I felt really sad about it and genuinely sorry for Dora and, especially, Andromeda. Losing the love of your life after fighting so hard to be with him, during a fucking war that goes specifically against them - Fuckin' Merlin, I only hope Dora can give her all the consolation both deserve.

We didn't get any more news about Horcruxes being destroyed nor about Death Eaters being sighted near us, but still, 1998 arrived being as Fred predicted; a really dark year. Liv had to stop sending letters to her dad, much to her dismay, even though Remus promised her to try to stay in contact with Xenophillus as much as possible. Pauline and Angelina had to be more careful than ever with the news they were transmitted to France, and for us, it was unthinkable to set a foot out of the clearing where the hut was. Not even the forest was safe anymore.

Angelina's, Liv's and Lee's birthdays came in March as a breath of fresh air and relief. Even though none of us was too much in the mood for any celebration, we managed to make their special days a bit happier than the rest and we only hoped that Pauline's birthday in May could arrive too as a happy day with all of us present.

Pauline and Angie used to often spent time braiding their beautiful hair together and doing handmade jewellery while George started to teach Liv how to play the guitar. Lee got the habit of cooking and baking while Fred and I would often spend those downtimes listening to music, smoking and chatting over the most trivial things, trying to cope as best as we could with the fact that we were in the middle of a magic war.