93

THE WEDDING

____________

Fred interlaced his arm with mine as he guided me out of the home, ready to walk together to the huge white marquee where everything was ready for the wedding and the guests were slowly arriving. Once inside, the Irish music filled the ambience of the summer evening and everyone was trying to find the perfect place to watch the ceremony.

Mrs Weasley had worked a lot for this big day; she even hired white-robed waiters and a golden-jacketed band that welcomed us with their beautiful music.

"Ready for the party, darling?" Fred whispered next to me while we approached the group formed by Ron, Liv, Harry and George.

I nodded at him with a little smile on my face, admiring how incredibly handsome he was looking, and feeling the luckiest woman on Earth for being next to him.

"S'up, lot," he greeted the rest of the group, "Already bored?"

"Sort of, we've been helping Mrs Weasley with all the last details," Harry said, welcoming us with a tired dim smile. Lately, he didn't seem to be pretty happy or excited about anything whatsoever, but, to be fair, who could blame the poor boy? "Lilith, wow! You look amazing!"

"Thanks, Harry! You and Ron look great too!" I smiled at them. Both of them were wearing suit way more suitable than the ones they wore during the Yule Ball two years ago. My eyes focused on Liv for a moment, she was wearing a beautiful baby blue dress that suited her hair colour and her eyes, making them stand out even more.

"Where's Lin?" I asked her, quite surprised.

"She's with Fleur and with Mrs Weasley. She was about to put on the dress she brought in France but Mrs Weasley insisted on making all the bridesmaids wear the same colour so she had to change into a pink one. Fleur agreed with Mrs Weasley only to make her happy."

Fred snorted, smiling.

"When I get married, I won't be bothering with any of this nonsense. You can all wear what you like, and I'll put a full Body-Bind Curse on mum until it's all over."

When he gets married...

Oh, dear Merlin, the things I would do to be in his future wife's place.

"She wasn't too bad this morning, considering," said George, shrugging, "she cried a bit about Percy not being here, but who wants him? Oh, blimey, brace yourselves - here they come, look."

He pointed out the exotic flowers and bewitched birds announcing the entrance of the Delacour family. The short parade being closed by Fleur's cousins, obvs, Coraline included. She was looking gorgeous, with a beautiful light pink dress since she was one of the bridesmaids as well. She smiled mysteriously at me as soon as she saw us while George was slightly forced to guide the French girls to their places.

"Wotcher, lads" Remus and Tonks greeted us from the distance as I felt Fred's hand wrapping around my waist again. I looked at him quite puzzled and he smiled;

"Don't want my accompanying to get lost tonight," he whispered.

"Lilith, my dear, you look stunning!" Remus complimented me, giving me a huge hug and leaving a kiss on my forehead as Dora winked at me. "All of you are!"

"Remus, love..." Dora murmured as if she was warning him.

"Oops, yes, sorry," the man replied, making his smile fade away a little bit and standing a couple of steps away from us.

"What's going on?" I asked, confused.

Dora sighed, "The Ministry's being very anti-werewolf at the moment and we don't want to put you in danger or make you a target."