eighteen

Chapter Nineteen ~ Shout

MAX COULDN'T KEEP STILL AS SHE WAITED FOR LIBERTY TO DO HER PRESENTATION

MAX COULDN'T KEEP STILL AS SHE WAITED FOR LIBERTY TO DO HER PRESENTATION. She had been looking forward to this moment the entire week and finally, the day had come. At the beginning of the week, Mr. Simpson had given the class an assignment to do a biography on anyone they were inspired by.

Max had chosen Patti Mcgee: The world's first pro female skateboarder, but the reason she was so excited was that about a week ago Liberty Van Zandt had asked Max for pictures of JT because she wanted to do her project on him. Max didn't understand why Liberty could ever feel inspired by her best friend JT, who she believed had a maximum of two brain cells, but any chance Max had at embarrassing JT she would take.

"Okay we have time for one more... Liberty," Mr. Simpson says and calls Liberty to the front of the class.

JT sighs and turns around in his chair so that his back was to Liberty, "I have something done on time for once, and we run out of time... typical"

"Typical is your project," Toby says and shakes his head at his friend.

"Mr. Simpson said we could do our biographies on anybody we wanted" JT frowns.

"Anyone appropriate, something tells me Hugh Hefner doesn't count"

Max snorts and looks away from the front of the class where Liberty was in the middle of putting on a JT-inspired outfit that he still had yet to notice.

"As my quest for a woman goes on, name me a better role model" JT remarks.

"Yeah, he has just taught you so much, how many girls have you been on dates with since starting school? I keep forgetting..." Max says sarcastically, already knowing the answer.

"Very funny Max, just wait and see" JT fake laughs and gives her a little glare.

Toby laughs at his friends, "just go for Max already, we all know it's gonna happen" he jokes.

JT and Max look at each other with the same shared look of disgust, "never, if you want someone who's actually into you go for Liberty... she finds you fascinating, just wait and see" Max laughs and directs JT's attention towards Liberty, who is now completely ready for her presentation.

JT shivers at the thought of going out with Liberty but doesn't get to say anything before she starts her presentation. When JT notices her outfit weirdly resembles his, he looks back towards his friends who now have the biggest grins on their faces.

"Fellow students, my hero isn't from the history books, he'll be famous later, the next Jim Carrey" Liberty begins, making a picture of JT pop up on the screen. An embarrassing picture of him with a stupid hat on, Max and the rest of the class laugh as JT's eyes widen in fear.

"Yuck it up Tobester, I'm JT Yorke here to talk to you about my all-round favorite subject: myself," Liberty says and switches the picture behind her to another not so flattering picture of JT, "you're gonna love him, cuz it doesn't get any cooler than the York man: the early years"