ten.

Chapter Ten ~ Wannabe

"SCHOOL SPIRIT, CAN YOU HAVE ENOUGH?" Paige Michalechuk's high pitched voice stabbed Max's eardrums, it was only 9 in the morning and Max was not ready for whatever Paige was rambling about on the morning announcements

Paige was holding pom poms in her hands and talking about the new spirit squad that had been formed at Degrassi. Max wasn't into cheerleading, but she wasn't against it either, people could do whatever they wanted if anyone asked her, Emma however had a few things to say about the matter.

"Give me a break, cheerleaders, please" Emma scoffs looking at the other two girls.

"I don't know, what's so wrong with it Em?" Max asks her, Emma always had an opinion about nearly everything, she was definitely going to have a career in politics someday.

Manny just nods at Emma agreeingly, but looking longingly at the screen Paige had just disappeared from.

The bell rings and the girls get up from their seats to go to lunch, Max's favorite time of the day, it was the time she could eat, but it was also the only time a day she got to see Spinner.

"I mean cheerleading is so over" Emma states heading for the door.

Manny looks at Emma like she couldn't believe what she had just said, "what, cheerleading is huge, more popular than ever"

"So are a lot of things that are just sexist and wrong" Emma argues.

"How can it be sexist if there are guys?" Manny questions.

"I bet the guys won't be wearing tight sweaters and mini skirts"

Max decides to interfere, something is up with Manny she can just tell, "Em relax, i'm sure if the girls didn't want to wear mini skirts they wouldn't have to. It's their own choice." Max says, trying to make both the girls calm down a bit.

Manny nods, agreeing with Max, "I don't know, I just thought cheerleading, might be fun?"

Emma's eyes widen in shock, "fun?" she starts "Manny you're not thinking of... you really wanna become some pom pom pumping robot?"

Manny looks sad and defeated, Max can feel anger start to boil in the pit of her stomach, why does Emma need to involve herself in everything.

"I'm surprised, to tell you the truth, I don't think Degrassi should have a squad... period" Emma finishes her little speech and turns to face the two girls, "You know i'm right Manny, anyway i'll see you at lunch, I have to get a paper checked from Ms. Kwan"

Emma turns around and walks down the hallway.

Max looks at Manny, she can tell she's extremely upset, "Manny, If you want to join the cheer squad then go for it, don't let Emma stand in the way, if she's really your friend she won't mind"