five.

Chapter Five ~ The Mating Game

THIS DAY JUST COULDN'T GET ANYMORE BORING

THIS DAY JUST COULDN'T GET ANYMORE BORING. Max was sitting at her desk in homeroom staring into space, she was so bored, the day seemed to never end.

Toby was sitting at his own desk, J.T. was standing looking over his shoulder looking at a brochure J.T. had with him. Max watched as they talked excitedly about whatever was standing in it.

"Hey Tobester, check it out, Dr. Sally is coming to Degrassi... Today!" J.T. exclaims, looking at Toby like it was the best news ever.

"Who's Dr. Sally?" Toby asks confused.

"The sex lady, but she's only talking to the 8th graders of course" J.T. starts to explain, like Toby should know, "I heard she brings, like probs, and she gets graphic, like pornographic" he wiggles his eyebrows and smirks at Toby.

Max furrows her brows looking disgusted at J.T. "You're such a pervert J.T." she says.

he looks over at her not knowing she was listening, but smirks nonetheless, "you know you love me Max" he says and blows a kiss her way. He sits down at his desk beside her, as the class starts.

"Okay people, as we discussed at the end of the last class, today you guys are gonna create a website, on an animal of your choice" Mr. Simpson says looking out at the class.

Max sits up actually feeling a bit excited about the assignment, she had a lot of ideas.

Emma puts her hand in the air wanting to ask a question, "can we do it on a specific animal, like mama Onu?"

Mr. Simpson raises his eyebrows, not knowing who the hell mama Onu was, "mama who?"

"Mama Onu, she's an endangered green turtle from the south pacific" Emma explains

"That's sounds very informative, but don't forget to have fun and use the technology and your imagination." Mr. Simpson says to everyone in the class.

~~~

Max and the rest of the group was walking to their lunch table, when Liberty came up to J.T., Max was standing beside looking weirdly at her, she had never talked to him before.

"Hey, I thought maybe I could help you with your assignment, I-I get straight A's" Liberty says only looking at J.T. did she have a crush? Max shivers thinking about anyone having a crush on J.T., why?

J.T. shoots her down as soon as she finishes her sentence, "and I get straight D's so why rock the boat" he turns around and walks away from her.
Max giggles at the conversation, and spots her brother and Spinner sitting at their usual lunch table, she walks over deciding to say hi. 

Max grabs some of the fries Jimmy is eating, and puts them in her mouth, "Hey Jim, nice fries" she laughs and waves nervously at Spinner who waves back to her and smiles.

Max keeps walking over to sit with her friends, leaving the two boys alone. Spinner keeps his eyes on her until she has sat down.

"Yo, Spinner, why are you staring at my sister?" Jimmy grumbles giving him a disapproving look.

"I wasn't, I just, she has really matured over the summer, that's all" Spinner denies and looks down at his plate avoiding Jimmy's glare.

"So?"

"So, nothing, I just noticed" Spinner says trying to change the subject.

But it wasn't nothing, when he danced with her at the dance, he had seen who she really was, and how pretty she had gotten over the summer, he hadn't noticed before.

~~~

School was finally over for the day, and Max was heading to Manny's to watch some lame documentary on endangered turtles for Emma's assignment. Max had decided to make her website about Sloths, she thought they were really funny to watch, and extremely interesting.

They were walking down the hallway to the entrance when Liberty came up to them.

"Emma, you said you'd help prove this issue of the grapevine, remember? It's scheduled in my palm pilot" Liberty questions.

"Right" Emma turns around facing the rest of the group, "I'll be there in a hour, I promise" she says and rolls her eyes at Liberty, and walks away.

Max looks around at the others, "Well let's go losers, I don't have all day" she says and walks out of the entrance with the others on her trail.

~~~

Emma didn't show, and Max had almost fallen asleep watching that boring documentary. The four of them were sitting on the front steps of Manny's house, Max leaned her head on J.T.s shoulder, she was still tired after having watched the documentary.

Toby's head was hanging almost like he was sad about something, "I can't believe Emma didn't show" he mumbles.

"She is probably still at school, you know what Liberty is like" Manny tries to reason with Toby, also realizing he is in a bad mood.

"Emma's lucky, that documentary almost put me on the endangered list" Max says and yawns, J.T. nods beside her totally agreeing with what she is saying.

"I rented it for her" Toby says, Max eyes widens, he is sad because he likes Emma, the whole thing made much more sense now Max thought.

Toby gets up and walks away from the rest of the group.

"I feel bad for Toby, but he does realize Emma likes Sean, right?" Max questions looking at the others, who just shrug.