three.

Chapter Three ~ Family Politics

THE FIRST DAY OF 7TH GRADE, AND MAX WAS SHITTING HERSELF

THE FIRST DAY OF 7TH GRADE, AND MAX WAS SHITTING HERSELF. She hadn't been this nervous since she entered a skateboard competition last year. She was skating next to J.T. on his scooter and Toby who was walking. Jimmy has offered her to walk with him to school, but she thought that was too embarrassing on her first day, so she texted J.T and forced him to walk with her.

Toby was yapping about how unfair his stepsister Ashley had been all morning, not allowing him to be in the bathroom and using all of the toothpaste. Max remembered when her and Jimmy used to be like that, but now she saw him as her real brother and couldn't imagine not having him in her life.

"She has no sense of humor and she's a neataholic" Toby complains, "yesterday I left my socks on the couch, and she freaked!"

Max and J.T. share a look of disgust, actually agreeing with Ashley's tantrum. Toby's feet stank, and that was just a fact.

J.T. shrugs, "your gym socks can reek of something fierce"

"Just cause me and dad moved to their house, Ashley treats me like, like - "Toby starts, getting lost of words.

"Dirt? Gum stuck under her shoe?" J.T. questions and looks at Toby.

"You know, me and Jimmy used to be like that too, but you'll get over it, I promise." Max says to try and reason with Toby, "and by the way, I like Ashley, she's my brother's girlfriend, you should cut her some slack."

Toby looks at Max, but doesn't look like he was really listening, or maybe didn't want to listen, "Yeah whatever."

They all look up at the big entrance which they are going to be seeing a lot this year.

"So, ready for day one of the rest of our junior high life's?" Toby questions his eyes glancing from Max to J.T.

"What do you think?" Max says with a shaky voice, she defiantly wasn't ready, not one bit.

They all walk up the stairs together and enter the school.

~~~

The three of them meet up with Emma and Manny, as they walk into what is going to be their homeroom for a whole year, they all take seats close to each other, Max sitting beside J.T., with her back to Manny and Emma.

"Okay, welcome to Degrassi community school, I'm Mr. Simpson, I'm your homeroom immediate emergency teacher, and I gotta say you guys really lucked out" Mr. Simpson, their new teacher says and looks around at the whole class, "I mean it, this is by far, the coolest homeroom in the entire school."

The small group of 5 shares exited and nervous glances at each other, looking back up at Mr. Simpson who continues to teach his lesson. Max butterflies start to die down as soon as the real lecture starts. Hopefully this year will be easy.