eleven.

Chapter Eleven ~ Cabaret.

DEGRASSI WAS HAVING A TALENT SHOW THIS WEEK, for once Max was actually excited for something that had to do with school, this was a very rare occasion

Max and JT were discussing a test they had to take next week with Toby, when Emma and Manny came up to Sean who was studying silently beside them.

"Sean we are performing a poetic dance on an environmental theme, and we want you to be in it, you'll love it" Emma says trying to persuade him into joining their dance team.

Sean shakes his head at the two girls, "I don't dance" he simply says, not looking away from his computer.

"You don't have to dance, Manny and I will dance, I just want you to be the hunter" she tries again.

Sean shakes his head, "I don't wear leotards"

"We don't wear leotards, just black, like panthers, in honor of our basketball team" Manny adds, thinking that maybe if she mentions basketball he would be in.

Emma cuts in, "and because they're endangered... in our piece we're gunned down by a hunter, it has a strong message"

Sean shakes his head a final time before getting up from his seat, "I don't hunt" he says and leaves the room.

The bell rings and they all make their way outside following Emma and Manny.

"I can't believe Sean won't do it, it's gonna be so good" Emma states looking defeated at her friends.

The girls had asked Max if she wanted to be in it, but she was quick to shoot them down, she supported her friends wanting to make a contemporary dance about endangered panthers, but there was no way in hell she was going up there with them.

"Yeah, they'll be entertained and learn something in the process" Manny adds.

"Leotards and learning don't go well together, leotards and laughter do" JT laughs and Max can't help but agree silently.

The girls ignore JT and sighs, "who are we going to get to be the hunter?" Manny says hopelessly.

"We'll find somebody," Emma sighs.

"I'll do it" Toby says, which makes all of them turn around and stare at him in disbelief.

"Really?" Emma asks, he nods too fast for Max's liking, something is wrong here. Max looks at JT to see if he thinks the same as her, they share a look of doubt... something is definitely wrong, the Toby they know would never offer to do something like this.

"Toby you're the best" Emma gushes.

Toby now has the biggest grin on his face, "hey, I do what i can"

"Great, we rehearse after school in the gym, JT, Max, you can come if you want" Emma says smiling.

"Like i'm gonna miss seeing Toby in a leotard" Max grins with an evil twinkle in her eye.