sixteen

Chapter Sixteen ~ Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

DEGRASSI WAS THROWING AN 80'S DANCE THIS WEEKEND

DEGRASSI WAS THROWING AN 80'S DANCE THIS WEEKEND. Max would have been excited but unfortunately, all the junior classes were getting a small dance at 2:30 in the afternoon whilst all the seniors were getting a full-on dance at night.

Emma, Manny and Max were walking inside the school Friday morning to hand in their poetry assignment to Ms. Kwan, Max had used the entire week trying to finish her assignment, but all she ended up with was a couple of lines that almost rhymed. She wasn't happy about it at all and knew it would end up with a student-teacher conversation about her grades, which she just wasn't in the mood for.

Somehow Emma seemed to be in a worse mood than Max, she had had a constant frown on her face all morning and neither of her best friends knew why.

"So did you get your poetry done?" Manny asks Emma, trying to figure out what could possibly be wrong with her on a Friday.

"No"

Manny frowns at Emma's cold words, "it's due today"

"I know, but some stuff came up... with my mom" Emma explains looking at her friends.

Max's interest peeks and she looks at Emma with extra attention, "serious stuff?" she asks.

Emma sighs, "she wanted to talk to me about her new boyfriend"

Max whistles jokingly, "who's the lucky guy?"

The girls walk around the corner seeing their homeroom teacher Mr. Simpson, his foot is stuck to the floor covered in pink bubblegum, he spots the girls and mutters, "I got myself in a bit of a sticky situation here"

Manny and Emma stare at him awkwardly as Max lets out a little fake laugh at his horrible attempt at a joke. They walk around him and Emma sighs again, "that's who"

Manny looks confused at Emma not understanding what she had said, Max starts to laugh not believing what her friend had just said. This was great news, Max was already thinking of jokes to make about Mr. Simpson as Emma's new dad.

"Simpson, my mom is seeing Simpson" Emma explains further to Manny who hadn't caught on, she sends a small glare at the laughing redhead.

"This is the best news ever" Max laughs stopping in the middle of the hallway to catch her breath.

"It's no big deal, really"

"Emma your mom is dating your teacher, that is huge" Manny states, not believing for a second it wasn't bothering her.

"I know, and I'd like you two to keep it quiet okay" Emma starts, she looks directly at Max, "especially you Max, you can't even tell JT"

Max rolls her eyes but nods nonetheless, "fine"