two.

Chapter Two ~ Mother & Child Reunion (Part 2)

THE PHONE RANG IN THE KITCHEN. Max was sitting on the couch in her living room, cleaning her red and black skateboard, when her stepbrother Jimmy came in the room with the phone.

"Max, it's Manny, she sounds pretty worried, she wants to talk to you"  he hands her the phone, and walks back into the kitchen, where he came from.

Max puts the skateboard on the ground and quickly puts the phone to her ear, scared that something might have happened.

"Manny what's going on?"

"It's Emma, I just went by her house ,and she isn't there" Manny frantically yells over the phone, "I even tried her cell, she didn't pick up."

"Hey calm down, she's probably just going for a walk or something" Max was trying to calm Manny down, but I didn't seem like it was working, the voice in the phone only got louder.

"No, you don't understand, she told me she was staying home today, and she was going to watch a show about wildlife refuge, but it's not even on."

"Ok Manny, I just don't see how I can - "

"Just meet me at J.T.s" her voice had calmed at bit, "like now" and with that, she hung up the phone.

Max gets off the couch and grabs her skateboard, she didn't want to worry like Manny did, but by how she was acting, Max couldn't help it.

What if something bad has happened to her?

She made her way to the front door only to see Jimmy's girlfriend Ashley open it, and walk inside.

"Oh, hey Max, is your brother home?"

"Yeah, he's in his room" Max says quickly and makes her way around Ashley, who was blocking the door.

"Can you tell him I'm going to J.T.s?" she didn't wait for an answer, seeing Max was already on her way down the many stairs of their apartment complex.

She put her skateboard on the sidewalk and starts skating towards J.T.s house, which was only a few blocks away from hers.

~~~

Max makes her way up the stairs towards J.T.s room, a room she had been in so many times before.
She holds her skateboard in one hand, and uses the other to open the door to his room.

"Hey, have you found her yet?" Max asks curiously, and watches as they others turn around and greets her with worried looks.

"No, but we're pretty sure she with that Jordan guy, even though she told me she wouldn't go meet with him" Manny responds frantically, looking at the computer Toby was trying to hack into.

Toby turns his attention away from the screen and looks at Manny and Max.

"What's her moms maiden name?" Toby asks the girls. He was trying to log into Emma's account to see where she could be.

"Nelson, the same as Emma" Manny replies, they all look back at the screen as Toby tries typing Nelson into the password bar.

Incorrect

"Does she have a dog? A fish? Anything?"

Manny shakes her head lightly.

Toby sighs and looks back at the screen again. Max was starting to lose hope in the computer method, at this rate they wouldn't ever find Emma.

"Secret question, what's mom's favorite rock band?" Toby reads out loud.

He starts searching on Emma's environmental page, he finds old pictures of Emma's mom, where she is wearing a band t-shirt with the name 'The Pouges'.

"Who are the pogues?" J.T. asks out loud, to no one in particular.

"What a stupid band name" Max adds and laughed silently, not feeling it was the right time to laugh.

Toby types the secret question, and it logged in. They were all looking through her e-mails with interest, when Toby started seeing a pattern between Emma and Jordan messages.
The things Emma was writing about with Max and Manny, Jordan would mention in his messages, to try and gain Emma's attention.

"Emma writes to you guys or anyone, he echoes it back to her" Toby states, "he's not looking into her soul, he's reading her e-mail."

Toby found out where Emma was, and they all run outside in a hurry to go tell her mom, who is at her reunion. Max is skating next to the others who is running, when they arrive at the big entrance, they were at the day before. They make their way inside, and spots Emma's mother immediately.

"Guys, what's up?" Ms. Nelson asks with worry laced in her voice, she definitely wasn't expecting 4 children to run in on her reunion night.

The four kids start talking in over each other, making all of the words impossible to understand.

When Emma's mom finally understood what they were trying to say, she runs out of the gym and phones the police.

Max and the others start running after her to go and help her find Emma.

"You guys go home, ill call your parents"

They all stop at the entrance at the school, worried for Emma, and worried for what is about to happen.
Max looks at the others who hold the same face expression she does... fright.

"Do you want to go sleep at my place? I don't want to be alone." Max says quietly, breaking the silence that had overtaken the small group.

They all nod, feeling the same way as her, they were scared to be on their own with what was going on. They start walking to Max's apartment, finding comfort in each other.

~~~

Emma's mom calls them in the morning when they are all eating breakfast.

Emma was home again, and she was okay. They wanted to speak to Emma, but she had gotten house arrest for lying to her mom, and sneaking out.