3.7

"Damon! Goddamnit, you scared me!" I walked into my room to find Damon sitting on my bed, legs outstretched and hands in his lap.

Exactly like he used to.

If I had a dime...

"Hey, Gilbert."

"It's Jeremy."

"Yeah, I know, Gilbert."

I sighed. What was I expecting? "Why are you in my room, Damon?"

Suddendly he sighed, almost looking hesitant. "There's something I wanted to give you." He got up from my bed, elegant as always. It's hard not to watch his long pretty legs move.

"What?" I asked, looking up at him since I was seated at my desk.

"Hand me your arm." He told me and I raised my eyebrow at him. When a vampire asks you that, it's fair to be skeptical. Reading my mind, he rolled his eyes. "Don't be ridiculous, Gilbert."

I rolled my eyes back and did as I was told. He grabbed my arm gently with his cold hand, giving me a shiver. I had gotten used to warm bodies in the time Damon and I weren't speaking. He didn't notice, and if he did he didn't say anything. "Here." He hissed and clicked the item around my wrist quickly.

My vervain bracelet.

I blinked. "You had this?" I barely realized it was gone, I hadn't been thinking about it.

He rocked back on his feet, which was very uncharacteristic of him and strangely adorable. "Yeah. Since New York."

"Oh."

"Stop taking your stuff, yeah yeah yeah... save it, Gilbert."

"I... uh, no. Thank you, Damon."

"...You're welcome, Jeremy."

My heart skipped a beat- he used my name- and I was left staring into his stupid gorgeous eyes. I think I have a thing for eyes.

"I'll get out of your hair." He continued, and for reason I felt the urge to stop him. "You can stay. You know. If you want." I stammered.

We talked for the rest of the night and honestly it felt good. Not hating him is so much easier than hating him... everything was alright until I got a text.

Julien.

𝗀𝗈𝗈𝖽𝗇𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍 <3

Just a simple goodnight with a heart emoticon- but god I felt bad. Guilt washed over me suddenly, and I just thought, damn, I'm an awful person.

But then I remembered that I felt that way because Julien's my boyfriend and that made me smile. I'll make it up to him tomorrow.

Damon gave me a weird look so I moved on. That guy can read me like a book- and him knowing about Julien could literally be a risk to Julien's life. I am not losing him because of Damon.

Anyway. I'm exhausted- until tomorrow, journal.

Jeremy Gilbert

•••

[A/N] Well...

That took a while. I'm sorry. I was going to do something with this but then I decided I hated it so I scrapped it✌(That's why this is a little choppy, sorry again)

Hopefully I'll update more often again now and thanks for not forgetting me :)

Much love,

chantivera 🖤