3.21

Hey, Journal.

Is that what you say? Honestly I'm not sure, but apparently I used to do this all the time. I don't know who this "D" person is but I'll take their word for it, since my memory is a whole lot of... nothing. I don't know what happened to me but I can't recall anything specific. Just basic memories, like who my sister is and where I went to school. It's such a mess and I'm so confused. But, I take a deep breath and just try to remember why I'm here. A new start, where everything's thing to be great.

Right?

Let's hope so. Today I took a plane from from Virginia to Colorado.  I had to say goodbye to Elena and Alaric which sucked but I got to see the Johnson's, who I haven't seen in years, and they've always been like family to us.

It's been four years exactly I believe. Margaret was just a little newborn but now she's barely a toddler anymore.

Charlotte is my age, but I haven't seen her since we were what, twelve? Thirteen? She looks like a woman now, nothing like the preteen I remember knowing. She must think the same about me though, I'm sure.

I took over her room; she's moving in with Margaret. I feel a little bad, but she swears it's okay and her dad gives me one hell of a dirty look everytime I try to suggest something else.

But, hell, I don't see why. Charlotte might as well be my cousin. I don't see her in any other way. Honestly the thought of that makes me shiver as much as the thought of Elena would.

So I'm not really worried about it.

She's cool, though. We got to talking easily and she's going to show me around the school tomorrow.

I'm nervous as to what that's going to be like, but Charlotte tells me everyone there is cool.

And Margaret is too cute. Although my knees hurt from playing Barbie for what felt like five hours straight.

I got out of that thanks to Aunt Susan, who told her daughter I needed to unpack. That's when I found this and the mysterious note from this unknown "D."

I'm bit curious as to who they are, but I can't let myself get caught up in my past again.

That's why I'm here. I'm moving on.

Jeremy Gilbert

-

[A/N] This felt so wrong to write :) Nice going Damon you broke Jeremy :) Things are gonna be so different from now on agdssgfgs

Anyway, hope you enjoyed! Much love,

chantivera 🖤