3.22

You know what? School wasn't so bad. Charlotte took me to all my classes, and luckily she was in most of them. I'm in an art class that she's not in; she takes drama instead, claiming she couldn't draw to save her life.

And I would have to agree. Her stick-men are cute and everything... but it's nothing any 5 year old couldn't do.

Although, I'm pretty stupid. I must've missed a lot of school in Mystic Falls because holy shit, I had no idea what was going on in any my classes besides art.

At least I won't be a complete failure.

I'm actually hooked up with a couple tutors. The school saw my grades and decided I needed them, I guess. I haven't met them yet, and I'm kind of dreading it. I don't really want strangers knowing I'm a dumbass.

Oh, well. I'm trying to convince myself it'll be okay since these people deal with dumbasses on the daily, so I won't stand out.

I got approached by quite a few people as well. I was surprised when a bunch of jocks came my way and asked if I played baseball. I was fully expecting them to be football players. But the football team aren't the cool kids here.

Either way, I said no- I've never touched a bat in my life. I'm not sure I even know all the rules. They told me I should, that I "look like someone who does."

Whatever the fuck that means.

I stuck to Charlotte's side most of the day, so I met and hung out with her friends. They're pretty cool too; I really hit it off with her friend called Holly who's in my art class. She's energetic and happy, and reminded me of Anna and Aunt Jenna. It made me smile, though I missed them.

Some what I assumed were the popular chicks asked me if I was dating and Charlotte, to which I replied much too disgustedly, "No." They proceeded by asking if I was gay and I was so taken aback that I said, very unconvincingly, "No?"

I don't think they're going to be my biggest fans, but I'm okay with that. I don't need their drama and fakeness that literally radiates off their bodies like an aura.

Anyway, I have to go now- I promised Margaret I'd play Barbies with her for a while before going out to the park with Uncle David who is now intent on teaching me how to play baseball.

I swear man, these people like their baseball.

His exact words were something along the lines of "the son I never had" and I didn't miss the look on Charlotte's face falter when he said that.

She looked upset. I wonder if she wants to play, because I could care less.

Getting into better shape certainly won't hurt, however.

Jeremy Gilbert