3.17

Hello, it's me again, Damon Salvatore.

I did another terrible thing.

Elena made me, alright? It's not all my fault.

Alright. It's a little my fault.

She's just so worried about him, and to be honest, so am I.

I compelled him.

Now before you get mad at me, let me explain.

There's not much in his real mind for him to hold onto. Whatever little shred of happiness he was holding onto is just not enough. He was too close to slipping, to falling off the edge.

I compelled the misery away, but Elena insisted I do more. She wants him away from Mystic Falls, away from danger.

I told her she was going a little too far. She has no right to meddle that much in her brother's life.

But what Elena wants, Elena gets. I hate myself for caving, but the girl had some solid points.

I told him he was going to leave Mystic Falls. That he needed a change of scenery and a fresh start away from this place that had only brought him pain. No questions asked. Some Gilbert family friends have already accepted to take him in, all the way over in Denver, Colorado.

He's leaving tomorrow.

Why is it that when I want something or someone for real, everything blows up in my face? I had Jeremy wrapped around my finger but I let him get away. And now, I'm literally making him go away.

Oh, what I'd do to go back to those days, where we were both clueless to our feelings.

But I can't, and now it's too late. I screwed up.

That really seems to be the only thing I know how to do, doesn't it?

𝔇𝔞𝔪𝔬𝔫 𝔖𝔞𝔩𝔳𝔞𝔱𝔬𝔯𝔢