one hundred and two.

내일┆tomorrow⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⠀⠀

내일┆tomorrow
⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣

there was a big piece of gum on the steps, sticking to the concrete and waiting for someones sad shoe to step on it. the blonde knew it was there, he jumped over it every time and wondered when the time would come when he forget it was there and would ruin his nice boots. jimin jumped when someone came through the door from the parking garage, scaring him as he froze in his spot outside the door to his floor.

"dude you scared me." jimin said, his hand over his heart and eyes widened slightly as he looked at his hyung.

yoongi's lip twitched into a small smile, "sorry," he said, "i didnt mean to interrupt your galloping."

jimin narrowed his eyes now and pointed to the door to their hallway, "just walk." he said, waiting for yoongi to go first as they headed to their shared apartment. "i dont gallop." he mumbled too, only making the older chuckle.

the two of them unlocked and swung open the door to their apartment, still bickering about nothing really until the silence came. they saw their other roommate, which had the quietness falling over them. taehyung was standing in the kitchen, turning now that he heard the front door open and wasn't alone anymore.

"are you eating all the doritos again." yoongi asked him, seeing the way taehyung had been pouting and now tucked his handful or doritos into his sweatpant pocket. "no." he still said it with a pout.

"why are you upset?" jimin asked. he came in and dropped his backpack on the floor, heading over to his best friend and taking his own handful from the bag of chips. taehyung shook his head and spoke up very unconvincingly, "nothing."

neither of the other two males believed him, "is this about the fish?" yoongi asked, "i told jimin not to put glitter in the tank, but he wanted to make her a mermaid."

"dont bring molly into this." jimin pointed his finger at yoongi ⏤ but he still looked guiltily over at the empty fishbowl sitting beside their tv in the living room. they stuck a flower in it so it didnt look so lonely anymore.

taehyung shrugged again and walked around to plop on the couch. "where have you been?" he asked jimin. he didnt fail to notice how late it had gotten and how empty their apartment was, not knowing where the other two had gone.

"uh." jimin could feel the eyes of the eldest on him, since he knew where the blonde had been. except, it didnt seem like the right thing to say, or to do, or even bring up right now. jimin always interjected into other peoples business, he always tried to help even when not asked. maybe it was time he stayed out of it.

"i picked up snacks!" he grabbed the backpack he just dropped, climbing over the back of the couch to sit beside his best friend. "i know snacks cheer you up." jimin smiled.

that was true. there were very few scenarios where snacks didnt solve a problem, especially coming from someone smiling equally as sweet at him ⏤ but snacks could never fix a lie. taehyung knew better. he knew where his friend had been, and it wasn't simply the grocery store.

"wanna try swallowing reese's cups whole again?" jimin was still smiling, not letting up and still begging his friend to do something with him.

there was that thing with jimin, the way he looked at someone and instantly had them wrapped around his finger. it was contagious, that smile that had taehyung fighting the little one wanting to break out onto his lips. "i want to freeze mine. they go down faster, like a hockey puck." taehyung said, grabbing the candy bag and hurrying to the freezer.

"you guys are idiots." yoongi said, cracking open a beer but still sitting down at the kitchen table to watch. "i got the emergency line on speed dial." he said too, earning a thumbs up from jimin.

taehyung unwrapped one of the candies, but decided to eat that one normally first. "so have you talked to jungkook." he asked. the question was eating at him, the curiousness having him wonder and the nervousness having him play with the plastic wrapper.

jimin nodded though, "i did. we filmed something, he's fine." he said.

taehyung was going to ask him some more stuff, but the boy was too busy shoving reese's cups in his mouth now. "he's fine." taehyung repeated what the other had said.

"mhm." jimin hummed, looking at yoongi and motioning for him to get his phone out. "time me." it didnt come out clear, but his hyung understood well enough what the boy wanted. he took out his phone and opened the timer app, hitting the start button and giving jimin a thumbs up, "go." yoongi said.

jimin started to eat the candies as fast as he could in under a minute. it was dumb and annoying, and taehyung knew he'd get nothing else out of the blonde tonight.

it kind of hurt, knowing jungkook was fine. taehyung kind of wanted him to be a little upset, or bother that they havent hung out as much recently. he wanted to be missed too.

taehyungs pout came back and he went to sit beside yoongi. his chin was on his hyungs shoulder seconds later, watching the timer go down and jimin start to slow at shoving things down his throat. "and youre done." yoongi stopped the clock and looked over to see jimins cheek puffed out and a smudge of chocolate across his bottom lip. "thats a new record of twelve." he noted.

jimin smiled proud and tried to finish swallowing before wiping his mouth with a napkin. yoongi turned to the other beside him now, running his fingers through the boys soft locks, "and youre upset for no reason." yoongi told him.

it had taehyung sitting up and glaring a little at the older. "i have a reason." he said.

"alright spill." yoongi shot back ⏤ because he knew the younger wouldnt.

taehyungs mouth opened, but he blinked and didnt say anything. he couldnt spill, because he wasnt even sure what was wrong. all he knew was that he missed someone that seemed okay with how things were.

"dude." jimin got both their attentions. "are you single?" he asked taehyung, who nodded.

"do you like jungkook?" jimin shot just as quick after the simple response.

it had taehyung sputtering and eyes wide, the blush on his cheeks becoming very prominent. "dude what, no." he was shaking his head, trying to convince them and even himself that he was lying.

yoongi chuckled a little and he got punched in the arm by the boy sitting beside him.

"okay well it doesnt matter either way." jimin said. he stole yoongis beer that he left on the counter, taking a sip and seeing the way both his roommates looked up at him now, both curious as well. "you're single. whether you like him or not, you have no reason not to mess around with anyone." jimin said.

in his head it made perfect sense, the lack of strings giving the boy the freedom to be how ever he wanted with whoever he wanted, or simple doing nothing at all. it was the freedom of having that choice that jimin wanted taehyung to know he had.

"be a slut. do whatever you want." jimin said.

"okay well maybe dont go that far." yoongi cut the blonde off, but he did agree to an extent. "you shouldnt be this bothered over some crush. if you are, do something about it. if you dont want to, then dont." yoongi said, "that simple."

taehyung was listening, but it didnt get any easier. it wasnt that simple, it never would be that simple when it came to boys and feelings and not wanting to mess it all up. all he could do now was lean his head on yoongi's shoulder again, closing his eyes and listening to his roommates talk in an attempt to drown out his own thoughts.

things would be okay. tomorrow was friendsgiving and tomorrow taehyung would make things okay.

──────────────────────────