fifty seven.

깨진┆broken⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⠀⠀

깨진┆broken
⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣

there seemed to always be more paths than clues. without a definite map of which way to go, the pretty brunette always felt lost. one minute he felt like the most important, then suddenly he was simply the background at best. taehyung still wasn't sure which one he preferred.

things would be so much simpler if he only knew what was going on in the others mind, where they stood together ─ or apart, which is how things seemed right now.

if only he didn't do it. if only taehyung kept everything hidden and didn't do what he most desperately desired in that moment. if only he didn't kiss jungkook, then maybe they'd still be sitting on his dining room floor laughing and eating bad pizza. then taehyung wouldn't be alone right now. he wouldn't be questioning everything thats happened recently and wondering if it was all a mistake.

the easy thing to do would be to ask. all it took was a few words and then he could know what was on jungkook's mind, what he felt.

it was never that easy though. there were no clues or hints. not when it came to someone as intimidating and cold as jungkook.

except, he wasn't cold at all. taehyung has seen the way jungkook smiles or laughs at something he likes or finds funny, even if he tries to cover it by hiding his face against his sleeve or brushing his bangs from his face just for them to fall back into place. he's seen jungkook hold his hamster like he was the most delicate thing in the world, like he was the most special thing jungkook had to take care of.

this man was anything but cold.

─ and if he didn't walk out last night, maybe taehyung would really believe this.

the sun was warm on his face that next morning, reminding him he'd been sitting here far too long and the redness of his cheeks later on would remind him too. there were no more petals to tug off the flower he found growing between two cracks of the sidewalk, so taehyung started to pick at a loose thread on his cotton shorts.

"we made sandwiches." it was jimin's voice that interrupted his thoughts, and soon his presence as the blonde sat down beside taehyung. he put the paper plate on the sidewalk beside them, a small sandwich with the crust cut off and a few chips with it.

"im not that hungry yet." taehyung said. he finally ripped off the thread.

jimin looked at his friend, the silence between them had been there all morning, ever since taehyung came home last night with the same blank look. "i'll leave it here. don't let the ants get it." he said.

he knew his best friend. jimin didn't need the clues to know taehyung was upset, not when that boy wore his heart on his sleeve. something was wrong and he'd come to the blonde when he needed him. jimin would just have to wait patiently, making sure to be there when his shoulder was needed.