sixty four.

소망┆hope⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⠀⠀

소망┆hope
⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣⌣

he knew it was coming, but the knock at his door still scared everything out of him. jungkook had been watching toast run around the living room in his little plastic ball for hours, but he could only take so much of listening to the soft thuds every time the little guy ran into the wall. now there was just a louder thumping coming from the knuckles banging against his door at 5 am.

"im fucking coming." jungkook yelled once his hyung continued to knock. he could safely assume it was jin, considering no one else would be knocking at this time of morning.

"you better not open this door if you actually are." jin said, the end of his words becoming more clear now that there wasnt a wooden surface separating the two males. "youre disgusting." jungkook said.

"i will leave right no-" jin didn't get the chance to finish that, not as jungkook gripped the front of the olders shirt and dragged him into the apartment. he slammed the door shut too, not minding the neighbors most likely still in bed. jins eyes were wide, shocked but not surprised at the boys odd behavior. he tended to be like that.

jungkook let go at least and turned to flop down on his couch. "im hungry." he mumbled, face down into a cushion.

there were a few empty beer cans that jin noticed, so he walked around the couch and sat down far enough away to be out of reach of the boys arms in case he felt like being violent again. "open your mouth and i'll throw them in." he said, already taking out a fry from the fastfood bag.

the older didn't expect his joke to be taken seriously, but jungkook rolled over onto his back and opened his mouth. it had jin scoffing, and he threw the bag at the ravenettes chest. "feed your damn self child." he said, leaning back against the couch and crossing his arms over his chest. 

jungkook pouted, but he sat up and did as he was told. he ate one, then silently hanging one over to his hyung who took it with a quiet thanks each time. "so when are you gonna tell me whats up?" jin finally asked.

"when i finish these fries." jungkook said.

it was after those words that he seemed to chew slower, taking tiny bites as if that would put off the inevitable idea of talking about what's bothering him. jin tolerated about ten more seconds of it before he took the bag from the others hands and threw it as hard as he could across the room. there were fries scattered across the wood floors now, making jin smile at that. "all done." he said. "now spill."

"you have issues." jungkook said.

"yeah yeah." his hyung waved that off, clearly impatient. "i also have this intolerable thirst for the tea."

jungkook rolled his eyes, but he got comfier anyways on the couch with a pillow in his lap and eyes trained on the blank television screen. "i kissed taehyung." he said.

jin inhaled.

"and then taehyung said it was a mistake."

"oh damn." jin said.

"and then i agreed."

"dude."

"shut up and let me finish." jungkook shot back, a little glare that had jin pretending to zip his lips and throw the key away with the fries still laying abandoned on the floor of the living room.

that didn't make it better, because jungkook was only reminded of the snack he lost and the mess he would definitely not clean until tomorrow. "anyways." he moved on, "now we're not talking and i promised jimin i would, but i have no idea how to approach that situation because if he says something mean im gonna be so sad." jungkook said.

jin nodded slowly now, trying to process the situation and figure out what great advice he could pull out of thin air. apparently he didnt speak fast enough, since jungkook nudged his thigh with his big toe. "you can talk now." jungkook said.

"thanks for the permission." jin said, sarcasm clear but missed by the younger who hugged the pillow tighter and waited for answers. it made his hyung sigh, "kook, you just need to talk to taehyung." he said.

jungkook's lips parted like he was about to protest, call that advice shit or something, but jin held up his hand and the younger stayed quiet. "i know its easier said than done, but dude come on youre so good at talking to people. you dont need someone to tell you what to say or how to act." jin explained. "just make sure its the two of you, and be honest with him, and you'll be fine."

"but what if he says something i dont want to hear." jungkook asked.

jin chuckled and held his arm out, making the perfect spot for jungkook to call over and sit right in the cranny of his hyungs side. jin hugged jungkook close by the shoulders, even kissing the top of his head. "babe thats out of both our controls." he said. "if he says something you dont like, or weren't expecting, then thats just how life wanted things to happen. we cant do anything about it and you'll at least feel good knowing you tried." he said.

jungkook made a noise, kinda like a grunt and it was easily noticeable that he still didnt like the sound of that possibility at all. "and i'll be waiting here with more fries." jin added, knowing food was the answer to a happy heart and full belly.

"promise you wont through them across the room like a psycho?" jungkook said, tilting his head back enough to look up at his hyung.

"i promise." jin said, "now stop looking up at me, you had one too many beers and your breath smells like stale ass." he laughed when jungkooks eyes widened and his hand came up to cover his mouth. either way, neither male moved and the younger only got more comfy snuggling into the olders side. jin even put on a movie, despite the two of them both needing sleep at this point.

neither would be able to get some any time soon, not as jin became enthralled with a show about tiny houses and jungkook couldnt stop rehearsing what he would say to taehyung. it made him nauseous, thinking about the boy and knowing he had way too much control over jungkooks wellbeing.

all he wanted was for things to be okay again. jungkook wanted to be able to text taehyung about some dumb video idea or leave a comment on an instagram post or simply show up at his apartment because he felt like it ⏤ all without it being weird. jungkook just wanted to be friends again, he missed him.

the pretty brunette stayed on his mind, creating a little home for himself behind doe eyes and not seeming to lave any time soon. jungkook was okay with that, imagining the good and hoping if he thought about it enough then it would happen. he must have fallen asleep eventually, feeling less bad and almost looking forward to talking to taehyung once he woke. he really did miss taehyung.

──────────────────────────