Unfinished buisness part 1

Ayesha pov.
Me and Stephen have been broken up for 3 years. Yes three years. He had to move away due to the nba. He is 22 and I am 21. We kinda ended on bad terms but I'm over it. Sorta. But it's ok I moved on and by the looks of it he did too. We have mutual friends so we are forced to keep in touch but not in the bff way. We were going to dinner at my best friend Sophie's house. She was celebrating her engagement to steph's teammate/best friend Klay Thomson.

"So. Are you ready?" Soph said through the phone.
"Yeah. Tony is picking me up in 5" I replied
"Uugh. You still with that stale boy."
"Yes. Last time I checked you didn't have a problem with him."
"Oh I don't but you and me both know you don't love him."
"I never said that." To be honest she was right. But if I pretend long enough I am certain I must feel something towards him.
"You didn't have too. You and Stephen still have unfinished business. He still loves you too."
"Who said I still love him"
"Oh no one. But I'm You best friend. I know you more that you know your self."
"Aight imma go. Bye bitch" I said in a goofy way as I heard a knock on the door.
"Bye bitch." She replied before cuttin off. I walked to the door and answered it. There he was. My boyfriend of 2 months. He was good looking, polite, a gentleman all the things a girl wished for in a boy. Yet I felt nothing. No love, no attraction. Nothing. I never got butterflies when he looked in my eyes or held my hand. I never got tingles when we kiss. It was like this relationship was bland. When I was with Stephen every day was heaven. Ugh! Ayesha! Stop thinking about Stephen.
"Hey babe." Tony said
"Hey." I replied. He pecked me on the lips. I sorta kissed back but not fully.
"You ready?"
"Yup let's get going." We got in the car and we're making are way to Soph's house.

Stephen pov.

"Man. I can't believe imma get married" klay said
"Best believe it nigga" Dray exclaimed
"I always thought Steph and Ayesha would get married fir-" he stopped himself before finishing realising what he said
"Sorry."
"Nah it coo." I replied
"Come on. Stop fronting"
"I ain't" I replied
"Yes you are. You know full well you still love her." He sighed.    Wow this conversation took a turn.
"No I don't. I've got Callie." I said. I almost grimaced saying her name.
"Oh yeah. That hoe."    I suppressed a laugh.
"Come on, you don't actually love her. Do you?" Klay asked. In all honesty I didn't. No one ever made me feel the way Ayesha did. The amount of happiness, joy and pleasure I got from just being with Ayesha was indescribable. Now Every time we see each other I put up a wall and come off rude. I don't mean to be. But when I'm with Callie it is so uncomfortable and artificial.
"Were you thinking bout Ayesha" Sophie asked walking in. How the fuck did she know.
"How di- I mean no!" I said
"Yes you were. You always get that stupid smile on your face when you think bout her."
"No I don't. I was thinking bout..." I couldn't think of anything
"What? Callie?"
"Yeah her." I said just going with it.
"Boy if you were thinking bout her you would have been throwing up in the corner of the room." Klay added.
"When is that fake ass coming?" Dray asked.      I know I should've defended Callie but something inside me told me it wasn't worth it.
"You see?" Klay said.
"What" I asked
"If Dray said that shit about Ayesha. You would have decked him"
"No."
"Suuuuurree" Soph drawled
"She is coming about" before I finished someone knocked on the door. "Now"
I opened the door and there she was. In something so revealing men from 10 miles away would come running. And no. I do not enjoy it. Not because she is my "girlfriend". Because imagine introducing your girlfriend and she is wearing what a stripper would wear.
"Hi.baby" She said kissing me. I resisted the urge to push her off and let her kiss me. I didn't really kiss back. We walked into the room and sat on the couch. Soon after another knock was heard. I got up and answered it only to be greeted with Ayesha. Damn!

Ayesha pov.

Wardell answered the door. He was as speechless as me we haven really seen each. He subtly eyed me causing me to blush, we locked eyes for a moment before he moved aside letting us in.
"Yo. Long time no see." Dray said giving me a hug as did Klay.
"Where you been nigga." Klay said
"Opening my new restaurant." I said proudly
"Wow. My sis be rollin in it." Soph said. Steph chuckled.
"No wonder you got all them pearls" klay said
"What a nigga can't treat herself" I replied. Tony looked shocked that I talked like that. When I'm with him I put up a persona of a conserved 22 year old. But in reality I'm not.
3rd person pov.

They decided to got out and sit around the pool.
"Wait. Why are we here again." A girl said. Ayesha looked over to her and realised she was Stephen's girlfriend or whatever.
"Are you being serious" Ayesha said
"What??"
"Me and Klay are getting married" Soph said annoyed
"Oh."
"Uumm Ayesha could pass my phone" Stephen asked awkwardly. She picked it up from the drink stand and realised he stil has the matching phone case they bought when they were teenagers. She passed it so him.
"Thanks ishiboo." He said and internally face palmed himself. Ayesha was shocked. He hasn't't called her that in a long time.
"Who is ishiboo?" Tony asked. Klay, dray And Sophie looked at eachother.
"An old nickname." Steph said
"Oh. Ok". He replied.
Klay then started a conversation to avoid awkward silence. Throughout the night Steph and Ayesha would sneak glades at eachother. At one point Steph caught Ayesha looking at him and instead of looking away they kept eye contact, losing themselves in each others eyes. This time Ayesha got butterflies. Some thing she wasn't used to when she was with Tony. Soph noticed and sighed at what she was witnessing.
"Well me and Klay met in high school and everything sparked from there. What about you two." She asked Steph and Callie.
"Well my father was adamant on having a get together with Stephen's family. And that's when I saw him for the first time. I asked him out and he accepted and things grew from there."
Stephen smiled uncomfortably.
"What about you two." She asked Ayesha and Tony.
"Well me and Ayesha met at 'Ice Cream 4 Dayzz'. She was sitting there with Sophie and I thought why not take a risk and ask her out. So I did and to my surprise she said yes." He said
"Wait did you say 'Ice Cream 4 Dayzz'?" Stephen asked
"Yeah why?" Tony said
"No way! That place still open." He said shocked. Him and Ayesha went there every day.

In the middle of dinner Tony put his hand on Ayesha's thigh. She panicked for a second not knowing what to do. He began moving his hand up ever-so slightly. She tried to push it of but he wouldn't budge. Stephen noticed she was uncomfortable and mouthed 'are you ok' she slightly shook her head and rubbed her eye. Back when they were together    her, Stephen and all their friends had secret codes. Rubbing your left eye with your right hand means.  'Get me the fuck out of here' Soph and Steph both noticed.
"Uum Ayesha can you get the wine from the closet" Soph said
"Sure" She said swiftly getting up.

Chapter after this is part 2!