Running from the past: Part 4

simonej23 Tell me what you think. 💖

Stephen pov.

Me Dray and Klay were sitting in my living room. Sydel was helping mom iron my tux and theirs. They came with there suits creased and my mum being my mum insisted on them stripping so she could iron them. So here we are. Sitting my front room wearing nothing but our boxers and tank tops. I was scared someone would walk through the door and see us. Especially since someone was coming over from the church across from mine to give mum something. Even with all the things going on before homecoming all I could think about was Ayesha.

I felt awful. And I have literally no idea why. Ever since I told Ayesha that I couldn't take Maddy. Or was it Mandy? Or max? Ugh I don't even care. Ever since I told her I couldn't take 'the girl' to homecoming, she's distanced her self from me.
Very subtly.
I know I promised to do everything she says but I've been trying to hit up Veronica for a damn long time. I wasn't gonna pass this up.
"So you gonna bring Veronica back here" klay asks suggestively.
"Probably not. We'll see." I say simply.
"Hung up on Ayesha?" Dray asks with raised eyebrows.
"What no. She's got Jim." I reply.
Aahh yes. Jim.
The shit basketball player with a worse sense of humour than an actual basketball.
"You have a problem with him or something?"
"To be honest, I couldn't care less who he fucks and whose heart he breaks. But the fact that he's even attempting to do that to Ayesha is extremely annoying." I admit.
"And why is that?" Klay questions.
"I don't fucking know." I groan.
"So stop it from happening." Dray urges.
"You think I haven't tried? I've told Sophie to warn her and she has but Ayesha wouldn't hear it. She says it doesn't matter what happens Cos she won't let him do shit to her. But she needs a date for homecoming. I get that but Jim? Out of everyone Jim? I mean I get Maybe Tyler or Ryan or even one of y'all but Jim?" I sigh.
"Ok you said Jim way to much. And I guarantee if any one of them boys you suggested asked her out you'd be having this same rant but with a different name." Klay says.
"No. Jim's a whore. Ayesha don't need that." I say back.
"Who does she need. You?" Dray says. Unfortunately I forgot to think as per usual and spoke.
"Yes." I said before he even finished talking. They look at me smirking laying back in their seats.
"I mean. She needs me to stop Jim from hurting her. I've got Veronica." I add quickly. Too quickly.
"You've known Ayesha for what? Two months and you already whipped." Klay says shaking his head.
"Actually almost 3 months. And no I'm not." I say.
"Yes. Yes you are." Dray retorts. I roll my eyes.
"No I'm not. Ayesha is as basic as they come. She accepts an invite to homecoming from the biggest known fuck boy there is and for what? She just wants to get laid. Thinking she's all that. She'd be lucky if anyone looks her way once Jim is done with her."
"Damn."
"What it's the truth right." I lie straight through my teeth. I don't think lying has ever hurt so much to say. I hear them gasp lightly looking above me. I feel a chill come from the open door behind me. Open door? I furrow my eyebrows at them and look behind me. I am greeted with Ayesha's face. Fuck!
"Right." She barely whispers. Her voice strained.
Hurt flashes in her eyes as they became glassy for a second but she blinked it away. I see her gulp and bite her lip lightly halting it from trembling.
"Ayesha...." I breath softly but mum beats me to it.
"Aahh you must be Ayesha. Your parents were saying you were coming over. Do tell them they are amazing for what they've done to the community." Mum says cheerily. She mustn't be aware of the tense atmosphere as she had just entered the room.
"Thank you. Our church has been largely benefited by your gracious donation. We wanted to thank you with this." Ayesha says, her voice slightly shaky. She given mum a basket full of gifts. Mum smiles widely.
"Aww there really was so need"
"Nonsense. You are a staple in this community Mrs Curry."
"Thank you. Oh sorry about the three shirtless boys. I think your friends with some. Am I right?" Mama asks.
"Um yeah. I'm friends with Dray and Klay from church and school. But this boy I'm not so sure. I think I've seen him around. Oh where was it? Weren't you the boy climbing out of Veronica's window. Ah yes that's right." Ayesha says pretending to be in deep thought. Her tone was cold and blank though.
Ouch.
"Is that right. Well I'll put this wonderful gift away and we'll sort this won't we Wardell." Mum says through gritted teeth exiting the room. Y'all just know I'm in deep shit when she calls me Wardell.
"Oops. Did I get you in trouble. How thoughtless of me. To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if you thought that was a bitchy move for me. Oh well, just another thing to add to the long list of my faults I guess. First basic then a slut now a bitch. 3 for 3." She says with a deathly sharpness in her voice. Clearly masking her hurt. I feel like a bastard.

Ayesha pov.

I was on the verge of sobbing. But I held it together. The day a boy makes me cry will be the day pigs fly. I guess we will just have to wait till Stephen grows wings.
"Ayesha." He says as I walk out of his house.
"Ayesha!" He shouts again from his door way. I turn around. He can't come out Cos he's in his boxers and a tank top.
"How fucking dare you make me out to be some thirsty hoe!" I say angrily at him.
"It wasn't like that. I promise." He pleads. I laugh bitterly.
"And how far do your promises go Stephen. You keep your word for however long it suits you."
"That's not true. Ayesha if you'd just listen!"
"Listen! You want me to listen? You just fucking said no one would look at me after Jim. Am I that revolting that he'd just toss me to a side and everyone will avoid me. I know how he is. I know how to handle myself. And I thought I knew you." I scoff.
"That's not what I meant. I was just saying it." He urges.
"What so it's normal for you to say shit behind my back to your friends. Your pathetic Stephen." I say rolling my eyes.
"Your Not understanding!" He groans.
"After everything I've kept for you. After everything you've done to me. You fucked up my whole entire life and now you got the chance to redeem your self and you use it to belittle me!"
"You know I regret what happened more than anyone." He says softly.
"Do I? Because I'm starting to think you actually didn't care. And you left me broken in that alley way with no remorse!"
"Ayesha your blowing this out of proportion" He says sternly.
"No. I don't think I am." I say before walking away.
"Ayesha I was lying. I'd never say anything bad about you. I couldn't!" He shouts after me but I ignore him getting into my car. I groan loudly gripping the wheel.
God he is so fucked up.
I brush the hair out of my face. Focus.
Focus on homecoming. Focus on not letting him get to. Focus on making him regret saying bull shit.

Ladies and gentlemen I can now announce.
Focusing is overrated.

Eeekk. I hope y'all like it.
I don't know I'm a fan if I'm honest.
Tell me watchu think. Vote & comment.

See ya 😘.