Step sister in the middle: Part 2

simonej23 😘

Stephen pov.

"So your sister still single?" Dray asks sipping his lemonade. We were sitting at the kitchen island.
"Yup. Since the last time you asked. Which was two days ago," I mumble shaking my head.
"So what's up with that girl?" Klay gestured towards Ayesha.
"What about her." I reply.
"She seeing anyone?"
"No. Well at least I hope not." I avert my eyes back at them.
"You hope not?" Dray quirks an eyebrow.
"Yeah."
"Aww ma boy got a little crush huh." Klay teases shoving me.
"What's that? Stephen got a crush." Lisa chimes in raising her head from the couch.
"Definitely." Dray says. He puffed his chest a bit, as did klay.
Dumbasses.
"Who's the un-lucky girl?" I glare at her. Ayesha looks at me expectantly.
"None of your fucking business." I say.
"Hit a nerve?"
"Just stop eavesdropping." I groan.
"Hey no one was eavesdropping. No. One." Ayesha says emphasising each word. Obviously referring to when she was caught red handed listening to my phone conversation with my dad.
"I seriously doubt that. As I said before floors, creaky." Her cheeks flush crimson.
I love making her blush. Its amusingly cute.
"When did you say what?" Lisa asks.
"Nothing just said sommat to mum and Ayesha heard, nothing deep. Keep your nose out of my damn business." I say before walking to my room. Klay and Dray following.
"So what? You wanna hit that girl" klay says entering my room.
"Bro you sound like a dickhead. Stop." I say. Him and Dray really did sound like assholes if you didn't know them.
"So you love this girl?"
"No. Maybe I just want to take her out. Maybe." I say.
"So do it." Dray shrugs.
"Um if you didn't realise she's like joined at the hip with Lisa. You know girls and how 'bad' it would be if Ayesha went out with me. Ayesha wouldn't risk losing her friendship over a date." I sigh.
"Oh well. What can you do." Klay says bluntly.
"Gee thanks." I reply blankly.
"Just find a way to ask her out. You and Lisa aren't even real siblings."
"Exactly so lisa would pop off even worse. Mum would probably back her aswell." I roll my eyes.
"Then I guess you don't really like this girl."
That's the thing. I genuinely do. And it's annoying me that my dumbass sister is in the way.
"I guess."

Ayesha pov
"Wait he did what?" I ask L
"Her asked me to be his girlfriend." She squeals.
"Why the fuck didn't you tell me earlier."
"Well it kinda slipped my mind" she mumbles.
"Lisa. The hottest guy like ever asked you out and it just 'slipped your mind?" I raise an eyebrow
"And here's me thinking I was the hottest." A voice says coming down the stairs. I turn around and see Stephen.
Ok maybe I was wrong about Lisa's boy.
"You think a lot of things Curry." I say turning fully to him. He was at the kitchen island pouring himself a drink.
"Thinking and knowing are two different things sweet heart." He says with a breath. I was about to say something when L buts in.
"Stop talking to her Stephenie." She says.
"Call me that again, and I'll-"
"You'll do what. You can't do shit, your mum is too far up my dad's ass." She interrupts.
"Ok unless I completely mis-understood that lesson in sex-Ed. I'm pretty sure it should be the other way round," he smirks. I stifle a laugh, biting my lip.
"Ugh shut up. Ayesha I'm going to the bathroom. If he bothers you tell me." She says glaring at him. I just nod. Stephen grabs a packet of cookies and makes his way to sit down.
"So. Why don't you get along with L. I know she hates you but you could make an effort." I say.
"Hey I actually tried to be nice. At the start anyway but she was being a bitch. So I was one back. Mum can't expect me to be nice all the time." He sighs.
"I guess but come on at least try" I groan. He looks at me and smirks.
"Is there a reason you want me and Lisa to get along?" He says as he sits on a high stool near the kitchen island.
"No" I say quickly.
"Really?" He asks. I nod my head.
"But if we did get along, would you do anything?"
"What do you mean?" I ask.
"Ok let me re-phrase that. If me and Lisa were on good terms and there was something I wanted to do. Would you let me?" He questions.
Is he...
"Possibly." I say simply with a small smile.
"Hmm. Interesting." He takes a cookie out.
"But," I say getting up from the couch and going towards him. He looked almost in a daze watching me walk to him.
"Since you guys aren't. I'd say no. Every time." I add taking his cookie and biting it.
"Now you and me aren't on good terms." He says playfully.
"Taking cookies from my house," He mumbles.
"I've probably been in this house more than you." I say.
"How long have you and Lisa known each other?"
"For like ever. We have been friends since like junior year." I gush.
"So not that long then." He drawls. I raise an eyebrow.

We end up going over to the couch with the cookies and start talking. Allot. He tells me about his life before his mum and dad got a divorce. And I tell him about my life in general. He explains his passion about basketball and honestly I found myself mesmerised by him. The way he talks about anything he loves is so fulfilling. He listens to what I say intently asking questions when necessary. I even tell him stuff even Lisa doesn't know. Like how my first kiss was with her first boyfriend. Just a day before he asked her out.
"Wait so you had to pretend that the boy your best friend was seeing had never met you. But in reality he was your first kiss?" He says trying to comprehend just how awkward a situation I was in.
I hum in response.
"Damn. You get around huh." He teases. I scoff and shove him.
"I was 15." I defend.
"15! Your first kiss was at 15!?" He gapes in shock. I laugh at his expression.
"Yes but that's irrelevan-" I cut off my words as my eye catches a glimpse at the clock.
It was 2am. What? Where the fuck was Lisa. Me and Steph have been talking for like 4 hours. Maybe more.
"Hey where are your friends." I ask.
"Oh shit. I forgot about them." He chuckles awkwardly. Just then Lisa walks down groggily.
"Sorry Ayesha I fell asleep." She says
"On the toilet." I grimace.  Stephen laughs.
"No I had a lie down and must've fell asleep.  I'm sor-  Wait What were y'all doing." She eyes us suspiciously. I hold in a breath.
"Well not that it's any of your business but I went upstairs just after you and I just came down now. Ayesha said there was something in her eye so I checked. Hence me sitting next to her. Dumbass." He says getting up. He winks at me subtly.
"Ugh I don't care. Ayesha I'm sorry. You wanna stay over?"
"No it's ok. My cars out front." She nods and goes back upstairs.
"Can I at least get your number?" He asks as I put my coat on. 
Should I give it?  No. But what's the harm? No remember the rules Ayesha.
I walk up to him making our faces barely centimetres away.
"Every time Stephen. Every time." I say quietly before heading out. As soon as my face was away from his view a blush crept up my cheeks.
That boy Is something else.

I feel like this chapter was an 8 on a scale from 1 to Meh it's ok.

Vote & comment.

See ya 😘