Step Sister in the Middle. Part 3

simonej23 💗

Stephen pov.

Me and the boys were currently practicing for a game coming up. We've been here for an hour and half of that time Klay and Dray have been arguing. About something stupid no doubt.
"Fuck off man. That does not work." Klay throws a basketball at Dray.
"It does. It's science. Or psychology." He passes it back.
"But that's stupid. Ask Stephen." I shoot a three before looking at them.
"What?" Dray smirks.
"Why don't we try it on him." I scrunch my face.
"Give me more context." I dribble the ball.
"Ok. Answer these questions." I nod. "Ok"
"Favourite sport?"
"Basketball"
"Sisters name?"
"Sydel"
"Food you hate?"
"Pineapple pizza" I grimace.
"Who do you like."
I purse my lips. "No one." They both raise an eyebrow nonchalantly. I really don't like someone. Ok well liking someone and having a crush is a completely different thing.
Is it really?
Great. I've resorted to questioning my own subconscious.
"What was the point of this." I question.
"Patience. Ok now imma ask you some more questions but you have to answer without thinking. Before you thought for like a minute now you have to do as soon as the answer pops to mind. Ok?" He explains. I furrow my eyebrows before replying. "Ok" I says slowly.
"Mom's name."
"Sonya."
"Words that come to mind when I say Lisa?"
"Bitch, disgusting, whore." I say. Maybe a little too quickly.
"Brothers name?"
"Seth."
"Who do you like?"
"Ayesha." Oh. I see.
"Ah ha! My hypothesis was proved. Your a dumbass and you in love with you sisters best friend." Dray says pointing at klay then me.
"Ok first of all, if you call her my sister again I'll break your finger and second of all, that's not fair. You said it yourself I wasn't thinking before I said it." I defend.
"Exactly. Which means what you said was the whole truth. Try talking your way out of that nigga." He laughs.
Fuck. But I don't like her. Honestly. I just flirt with her because it's fun and irritates Lisa. And yes I may enjoy the flirting but who doesn't.
"I don't." Klay shrugs. I furrow my eyebrows.
"You've been mumbling do yourself for a good 5 minutes trying to convince yourself you don't like Ayesha." I mentally face palm myself.
"Bro it's all good. She likes you back."
"Who said I like her?" They both groan.
"Ok. Hypothetically then. Remember last week. What were you doing when you left me and Dray in your room for over four hours?" He asks.
"I was talking to Ayesha."
"For four hours? Wow your in deeper than I thought. What happened to bros before hoes?" Dray puts his hand in his chest pretending to be hurt.
"Ok. I'm not in deep because I'm not in at all. Ayesha isn't a hoe and if you keep on talking y'all won't be my bros. Also if that rule does apply wouldn't you two drooling over Lisa break it. Considering she actually is a hoe." I say putting my shirt back on. They don't say anything.
"Exactly. I'm going home." I announce re-tying my shoes.
"To see Miss Alexander?" I look up to them annoyed before rolling my eyes and walking away.
So I like her. What gonna happen? My mother fucking sister is in the way as always so what's the harm in having a crush on her friend?

Ayesha pov.
We were driving back from the salon. She got her eyelashes, hair and nails done. I just got my nails because I don't like the idea of people hands near my face. I don't know why. It just grosses me out.
"You wanna come over?" Lisa asks me.
"No it's ok." I say. Although I do want to see Stephen. Ayesha you can't just go to you best friends house for her brother.
But remember you could go to help Sonya cook. Yes that's why.
"Actually could I. I'm meant to help Mrs Curry with something." I avert my eyes from hers.
"Ugh. I hate that your close with that bitch." She spits. Sonya is maybe the sweetest woman I know. Other than my mom of course.
"Hey she's amazing." I gush. L scoffs as if she couldn't comprehend that her step mother wasn't a bitch and someone had a different opinion than her.
"Yeah. She's amazing at breaking up families."
"Your parents were divorced for 2 years before your dad met her." I exclaim.
"They were getting close to being back together!"
"Your mom lives in London Lisa. Look Sonya really tries with you, I think you should to." I say softly.
"Your just saying that Cos she likes you more than me." She huffs. Well can you blame her.
"That's not true. Just attempt ok. And try to get along with Steph."
"Oh hell no. That's where I draw a line." I roll my eyes subtly. We ride in a comfortable silence until we arrive at her house.
"Shit I forgot my key." She groans. I look at her weirdly.
"Just knock Then." I raise my hand.
"No cos then Stephen will answer and I look horrible." She whines. I-is she worried about how she looks? Because of Stephen. Because of her step-brother Stephen? Surely she can't be.
"What?" I scrunch my nose.
"Because he'll say shit." She says in a 'duhh' tone.
"Right." I drawl. Why do I have a weird feeling she's lying. Maybe I'm just jumping to unnecessary conclusions.
"Well unless you want to freeze your ass I suggest we knock." She rolls her eyes and taps onto the door. And you guessed it. Steph answered look as good as ever. Damn he looks good in a tank top.
"Sup bitch." He says as she pushes past him. I go closer following behind her.
"Ayesha." He greets as my face brushes past him, inches away from his.
"Stephen." I nod politely. He smiles walking to the couch.
"So formal. We'll have to fix that." He plops down in the middle. I let out a breath and turn to the kitchen. Their kitchen and living room weren't separated by a wall. It was all one big space with the island in the middle. I leaned over it with my hands on the edge.
"How it going Mrs C." I question.
"Not so good honey. I don't know what went wrong." She looks down into the pot disappointed. I make my way over to the stove.
"Well first of all the gas mark is way to high. It's meant to simmer." I say in the politest way possible. She takes a separate spoon and dips it into the sauce and brings it up for me to taste. I try my best not to make a face but fail miserably.
"I know. It's horrible." She sighs.
"No. It can be saved. Just add a lot more water to even out the saltiness and add a smidge of lemon and whole lot of tomatoes and before the mince gets added just season it with pepper. No. Salt." I order. She smiles warmly.
"Oh darling what would I do without you."
"I dread to think Mrs C." I tease. She playfully gasps.
"Oh is that the time. Ayesha sweetie you don't mind finishing up here do you it's just that me and Lisa's father have this-"
I cut her off. "Say no more Mrs C. I'll get this done and serve the two toddlers." I say referring to Steph and Lisa.
"Oh I love you Ayesha." She pinches my cheek before making her way up the stairs.
"Stephen be a doll and help Ayesha in the kitchen." She turns around.
"Actually I-" I stop talking when I noticed she winked at me.
Strange.
"Sure ma. Where you going?" He gets up.
"Out with your fathe-. Out with Liam." She corrects herself. God knows what he'd do if she called Liam his dad. Hell would break loose.
"Ok" He says warily. Sonya retreats upstairs and Stephen approaches me.
"So. What are we making?" He asks. I look down at the redish, brownish bubbling liquid in the pot.

"I have no idea"

Don't be silent readers.
Vote & Comment.

See ya 😘