2 Sides of The Same Coin: Part 3

simonej23. 😘 💓

Ayesha pov.

"Is he cute?" Kathrine asks about Stephen whilst walking down the halls. I mean he is adorable and hot at the same time. I'd just filled her in on everything, well except the whole nor being able to be on the basketball team thing.
"Girl I have a boyfriend." I say avoiding the question.
"So. That does t mean you don't have eyes." She says.
"He is cute in an innocent way." I say.
"Expand"
"No." I say simply.
"Wassup baby." Brady says slinging his arm around my shoulders. I placed a fake smile on my face. I need to stop doing that.
"Hey babe. Where you been." I ask. He stank of cheap perfume.
"Nowhere." He shrugs. We continue walking down the halls. I see Steph and wave. He waves back and smiles. Huh, I didn't realise how nice his smile is.
"So how you been doing on your basketball." Brady asks.
"Good. I found a tutor." I say not mentioning Steph.
"Who?" He asks.
"Oh just someone from my neighbourhood." I say. Kathrine side eyes me.
"Does he go here." He asks.
"What makes you think it's a boy. Why can't it be a girl." I say. Yes I know it is a boy but I still wanted to hear his answer.
"No reason.." he shrugs.
"I'm the best on the basketball team so none of these boys in our school can tutor you." He says cockily. I resisted the urge to tell him he is shit and Steph is tutoring me. I just nodded my head slightly. A slight feeling of guilt came over me. Not because it's a boy who's tutoring me, because I think so lowly of my boyfriend. But if your gonna act like a cocky dickhead imma think of him like that.
"You don't know who else plays basketball in this school. How'd you know your better than them." I say without thinking.
"It's obvious."
"Is it?" Kathrine chimes in.
"Shut the fuck up who's talkin to you." Brady claps back.
"Hey. There's no need to be rude." I say.
"Nigga bitch." Kathrine mumbles as I suppress a laugh. We walk in silence for a few minutes until someone bumps into Brady.
" watch where your going." Brady slightly shouts pushing him against the lockers.
"S-sorry." Stephen mumbles looking down. Awwwwwww. I think. Damn! I gotta stop thinking like this.
"You should be." He says back, he looks down and sees something pink on the floor. "Whatcha got here?" Brady asks.
"Give it back." Steph says attempting to reach for it.
"Why?"
"It's mine why the fuck else." Stephen says surprised at his own words.
"What would you need with a pink phone case.".
"What you gay?"
"Brady." I say warningly.
"Dray! Klay!" Steph shouts. They walk through the crowd.
"Yo wassup. Oh Brady you do know who this is don't you." Dray says in a teasing tone.
"Yeah, Bro why don't you tell him your name." Klay says smirking.
"What's your name lame ass." Brady says.
"Maybe you just know my last name.    Curry" Steph says.
"Wait as in Stephen?" Brady asks.  He nodded. Brady immediately let go of the case.
"Baby let's go." He says walking of. I walk over to Steph and pick up his things for him.
"Here. Sorry bout him." I say.
"Nah it's ok."
"You sure?" I ask again.
"Yeah don't worry bout it. Oh are you still on for free period." He asks sort of nervously. I smile widely and nod.
"Yo. You ain't gonna introduce us." Klay says. Steph rolls his eyes and sighs.
"Ayesha, this is Dray and Klay. AKA dumb and dumber." Steph says. I giggle.
"Nice to meet you." I say.
"Nice to meet you too, but can I ask why you hanging bout steph I mean his Well him and you are-" before he could finish his sentence Stephen interrupted.
"Nigga if you finish that sentence ion care who watching Imma whoop your ass." Steph says. I laugh loudly.
"I'll let you get back to him, these two aren't familiar with normal human interaction." He says gesturing towards Brady who was leaning against the locker looking over to me with his jaw clenched. I look over to Kathrine who was smirking and raising her eyebrow.
"Ok I'll see you in free period. Bye." I say waving and walking of.
"Giiirrrrll." Kathrine says in a hushed tone.
"Don't giiirrrrll me."I say. She laughs.
"You really feeling him aren't you." She says.
" no I am not. And plus I've got a boyfriend" I assure myself
"You telling me or are you convincing yourself."
"Oh shut up. A nigga ain't trying to cheat"I say.
"Maybe not you but a ya boyfriend be doing different." She said pointing towards Brady. He was talking to some ugly ass broad. He was blatantly drooling over the amount of cleavage was showing, not to mention she was wearing a skirt the size of a fucking bandana.
"Oh Hey Ayesha." He says looking my way.
"Don't Hey Ayesha me when you dead ass flirting with this." I say pointing to the girl. Kathrine snickered.
"It's not like that, I was just introducing myself that's all." He says as if it was normal.
"Yes but why." I say as a familiar sent hit me. I went closer to the girl and sniffed her. I probably looked like a maniac.
"What are you doing?" She asked.
"You're wearing the same cheap ass perfume he smells of.'' I say.
"No I am not and who you callin cheap." She says.
"You, and this cheating nigga here." I say. I found it weird that I really didn't care and I was somewhat relieved that I finally have a reason to break up with this lame ass.
"Me? The person with the highest scored points in everywhere." Brady says.
"Yo. 8 points is barely a career high bro." Someone retorted making everyone laugh and Brady had a look of embarrassment. I looked around to see who said it. Stephen Dray and Klay were all just looking around whistling. My eye caught Stephen's and he winked at me, the proceeded to look at nothing. I smiled slightly but composed myself. This nigga in front of me hasn't heard all of what I need to say.
"You must be fucking with me if you think you are remotely good at basketball. Whenever you make a basket I shit you not it is a historic moment." I say causing Kathrine to laugh out loud.
"How would you know. At least I have a goal you? You think bout being a chef who gonna take anything from you, you ugly black bitch." Brady said.