Staring. Chapter 2: Comforting

Stephen pov.
"So how many people are coming" Marie said
"Chill. It ain't a big party. We are just watching movies." Klay said
"I know but we need enough snacks don't we"
"Uum what movies will be watching" Ayesha asked kinda nervous. Wait why is she nervous.
"Why?" I asked
"Oh just curious" she said. I knew she was lying, she always bites her lip when she lies. Then it hit me. She hates horror movies and anything remotely scary. This is her irrational fear.
"Well We'll watch a mix." Dray said
"Ok now let's go shopping" Layla said
"All of us" Ayesha groaned
"Yep. I'll drive" Tyler said
"Wait there's seven of us " I said realising we won't be able to fit in his car.
"I drive Dray's car then" he said
"No way! No one drives my baby but me." He said
"Fine you drive then" I said
We all got in and me and Ayesha were in the back. As in the seats behind the 3 seats in the middle.
"Hey. Why were you lyin before" I whispered to her whilst the others were talking.
"I wasn't"
"Was to"
"Was not!"
"Come on! I know you"
"Unfortunately" she sighed. I looked at her with a 'just tell me' look
"Uugh Fine. Well I just wanted to see if we were watching any scary movies." She said looking down
"I knew it!"
"Oh shut up. Or else I'll tell them what your real first name is." My eyes widened. She wouldn't
"Your bluffing."
"Nuh uh. I don't bluff bitch."
"Who you callin a bitch. You lookin in a mirror" not my best comeback
"Real mature... Wardell" she whispered. Which honestly was a low-key turn on.
"Yo Stephen If you get drafted what team do you want to pick you."
"I dunno."
"Yes you do you have a whole vision board in your room and mmbmbnhbm.". I covered her mouth before she continued
"You have a What" Tyler said. A visible look of guilt came over Ayesha.
"Uumm. I just has a small board with my dad's best plays." I said trying to downplay it.
"Look we're here" Ayesha said changing the subject. Thank god!
"So who's coming" I asked
"The basketball team and some others," We finished shopping and got to my house.
"Oh my god! Hi Ayesha!" My mum said coming up to Ayesha and hugging her.
"Hey Mrs Curry" She said
"Oh don't be so formal. You used to call me sonya"
"Anyways son we'll be gone till Monday are you sure you'll be alright" I could hear them snickering behind me. Except Ayesha.
"Oh what am I saying. You have Ayesha to take care of you." And with that they roared with laughter.
"Uum Mrs Curry. Do you know they are not exactly fond of each other " Dray said
"Oh don't listen to him you just enjoy your weekend and me and Steph will keep everything ship shape." Ayesha said smiling. They went and soon everyone started coming over and we all sat in front of the sofa.
Ayesha pov.
"No! You are not sitting next to me" I said looking up at a shirtless Steph
"Uum excuse me it's my house. I sit wherever I want, ishibo"
"Uugh Fine. At least put a shirt on" I said. He looked hella hot right now and the fact that he was sitting next to me made all the girls whisper in jealousy.
"Why. Am I making you nervous" he said moving closer to me.
"N-n-no" I stuttered
"Surreee"
"Ok what we watching" Dray said making everyone quite
"How about scream" Layla said
"No" me and Steph said in sink. Why does he not wanna watch it. He loves scream.
"Why"
"Uuumm. It's shit" I said
"I agree" Steph said
"Don't care we watching it" she said tapping the remote.
The starting credits were rolling.
"Why'd you say no." I asked him
"You hate horror movies" he said. He did it for me? What!
"Oh." Was all I could say
3rd person pov.
Every jump scare that happened, Ayesha inched closer toward Stephen and he noticed but didn't stop it from happening. Everyone else was to invested in the movie to notice. There was a huge jump scare and Ayesha covered her eyes in fear.
"Hey. It's gone" Steph said in a soft voice, removing her hands from her eyes.
"T-t-Thanks" She said
Then there was a scary scene and Steph put his arm around Ayesha on instinct.
"Sorry. Old habit." He said about to remove his arm. He used to do that to Ayesha when they were kids.
"No... it ok." She said. She felt safe but would never admit it. He kept his arm there and comforted her through the scary scenes. Ayesha would find herself distracted by his abs and every once in a while he'd catch her and smirk so she'd quickly snap her head and her blushing face away.