because he's sakusa

it was the day

it was the day. the day that could change your feelings or your relationship status. whew. i mean, it's sakusa.

you were currently putting on mascara and curling your eyelashes; trying not to burn yourself from the heat the blow dryer gave the curler. you put on the outfit that you were struggling with last night and took one last look at your mirror. it was the day. the day with sakusa.

it was 9:30 in the morning. the park was only 10 minutes away so you had more free time to rethink everything just so things wouldn't go wrong with omi-kun. eating breakfast was not even a place on the to-do list of things to do since you were so nervous.

every minute, you thought about what could go wrong. its sakusa, something is bound to happen between the two of you. i mean, before omi-kun, you both would make fun of each other everyday? he was the cousin of your best friend that you disliked because he was so rude. good thing these were in the past though.

you did like him. a lot. it just took a really long time to realize it. who can blame you? he hid behind a screen. he hid behind a nickname. he hid behind his last name. he hid behind his status. he hid. because he's sakusa.

but it wasn't his fault. mustering up the courage to sort out your feelings within yourself was a difficult thing to do. you could feel one way for a person and then it will be gone by the next day. you never blamed him for that; you only blamed him by the fact he treated you so differently outside of text messages.

you heaved practically the 100th sigh today, "it's okay. it's okay. it's just sakusa. crap, it's not just sakusa! it's sakusa!" you poked your tongue in your inner cheek, "no, no. it's fine!" you tried to reassure yourself.

9:45. it was time to get going. you quickly grabbed your bag and rushed to your car. there was no time to walk to the station and go on the subway so you opted for the car instead. in reality, you were just too lazy to fish out ¥200 for the ticket.

being the stupid idiot that you are, you forgot your keys so you had to run back in the house to get it. once you got that situated, you tried to press the start/stop button but just couldn't. nerves got the best of you.

instead, your forehead rested on the steering wheel. bumping it to honk a few times. 9:50. crap, you need to get going. now. you mustered up the courage to press it and drove away.

the park was a mile away. it wasn't far. yet the drive felt so long. it felt as if it was 100 miles away. every turn in the road was a turn in your stomach. every speed bump was a bump in your brain. but it's fine. it's just sakusa.

you arrived at the park after 5 minutes. there were only 5 benches at the park so it wouldn't be a problem if you chose any; you could see people sitting on any bench from afar.

you sat on the bench. 9:59. sakusa should be here any minute by now. you were starting to become apprehensive. who wouldn't? the person that you like is going to meet you and sort feelings out. what is this? a cliché romcom?

10:00. no sign of a tall, mask-wearing boy in the corner of your eye. "it's fine, he probably got stuck in traffic or something." you mumbled to yourself. you played with your fingers to get all the anxiety out. your phone began to ring. komori.

"hey!" he said through the phone, "uh kiyoomi told me he would be a little late! maybe ten to fifteen minutes?" komori explained.

you sighed, "okay okay. that's totally fine. i'm good with waiting," you said, "thank you, mori."

"yeah yeah, of course! don't worry y/n! you got this!" he exclaimed which made you smile, "bye y/n! love you!"

"bye mori. thanks again." you told him before ending the call and putting your phone back in your pocket. it's fine. it was only fifteen minutes. it wasn't a big deal. of course he was late. he's sakusa.

you waited. you waited for a long time. you looked at your watch and it has been past 15 minutes. it's been 35. 35 minutes since komori called you. it was fine. he just got caught up in something. you hoped.

you looked around and yet no sign of sakusa anywhere. more apprehension. "it's okay. i'll just... wait some more." you told yourself. you sighed.

an hour. an hour of waiting on the same park bench. your battery has gone down twenty percent. you sighed exasperatedly. you hastily took your phone out of your pocket and dialed komori's number, "komori."

"what's up?" komori asked, "somethin' wrong?"

"he's not here. it's been an hour."

"wait. what?"

you bit your lip and tapped on your knee, "he's not here. he didn't come. he didn't text. didn't call. he ditched." tears began to run down your cheek

"okay y/n. first, stop crying," komori gasped, "and you're- you're joking! right? wait, hold up. it took me so long to convince kiyoomi! he couldn't have... he couldn't have just ditched you! jesus christ." he complained on the other line, "he said he was coming!"

you took a deep breath, "it's... fine. i don't care. i'll just go home. it's not a big deal." you said as you looked down at your outfit. the outfit you spent hours on preparing. "yeah um. i'm gonna go home. thanks for trying, komori." you concluded.

"i am so sorry, y/n."

you felt ashamed. you felt stupid. stupid to think that the sakusa kiyoomi would ever meet up with you and 'sort out feelings' tch. what were you thinking? you were patient with him. you didn't care about his persona. hell, you even gave him a second chance.

it was dumb. dumb to cry over some boy. but your eyes said otherwise. you couldn't stop thinking about him.

but he stood you up.

because he's sakusa.