he said yes!

the cousins were hanging out again, as always

the cousins were hanging out again, as always. they were eating some noodles as they were seated on the couch. sakusa invited komori over since his siblings were gone. again.

"hey kiyoomi, i need to talk to you." komori stated to his cousin, inching closer to sakusa since they were on the couch, "it's pretty serious." the caramel boy knew not to meddle in one's relationship, but this was his best friend he was talking about; he had to meddle in.

sakusa turned his focus from the tv to his cousin, "okay. what is it?" he asked as his body turned around so he can make better eye contact with komori, "and something serious? what's wrong?"

"okay. uh... did y/n tell you she liked you?" the boy asked hesitantly. he was also sweating profusely, scared of what sakusa might say now that komori knows way too much, "i hung out with y/n yesterday so i figured-"

"yes," the boy interrupted him, "she did. she did say that. but..."

"but?" komori urged sakusa to say, his eyes widening a little bit, "but what?" the caramel boy asked one more, eager of what his cousin had to say.

"but i told her that she was just liking me out of pity. let's face it, komori. someone like y/n will never like someone like me. she's so outgoing and i'm just... well, i'm just me." the boy explained dejectedly, looking down at his feet, "besides it's fine. it was just a crush."

"why would you say that?" komori asked, perplexed. he turned down the tv volume all the way so sakusa could explain himself, "are you out of your mind?"

but he simply averted his eyes, "i... i don't know. i just don't think she would like me."

komori furrowed his eyebrows, "i'm not letting you make a mistake again, kiyoomi. just give her a chance, alright? can you please meet up with her at the park or something? please? i can tell she really likes you and i don't want both of you getting hurt due to miscommunication." he said eagerly, really wanting to make this work.

"i don't know, komori. there was already so much miscommunication when i texted her as 'omi-kun'" sakusa told him, "and plus, i'm..."

"you're what?"

"i'm getting to it! plus, i'm scared. if i do meet her, what do i say? how do i properly tell her i like her, you know? all that stuff," sakusa uttered out, "i don't know. i'm scared, okay?"

"i see," komori nodded, "please think about it. it's a hassle comforting y/n with food and video games all the damn time," he laughed playfully, "think about it, okay?"

"alright. i'll think about it."

"will you?" he asked.