the whole trash can

friday morning

staying up until 3 in the morning wasn't exactly the best idea. why? you went through the yearbook from your first year to try to narrow who "omi" was, but you got distracted with the first few pages and practically gave up once you got to the students.

you ended up falling asleep to a studio ghibli show on the tv in your room. no, not really, you waited for the movie to finish and then, you were satisfied to go to sleep.

school was at 8, so you only got 5 hours of sleep which may be normal for other people, but that is not healthy at all, mood swings and all that. and since, komori didn't have his own car. you stupidly offered to pick him and sakusa up.

"yo, yo."

"get in the passenger seat!"

"what the hell happened to you?" your best friend eyed you while climbing in the seat on your left, his face in shock, "you look like trash."

"wow, thanks," you fixed your face in your rear view mirror and rolled your eyes, "i stayed up until three, i know, i know, i'm stupid but yeah."

"why?" komori laughed, "alright, what movie did you watch late at night?" he asked.

you snorted as you stepped on the gas pedal to head to the next block, "i watched ponyo," you smiled, "a good classic."

"okay but why?"

"the answer is confidential, alright?"

the two of you conversed in the car like any other normal day. it came to your mind that you never took the train once going to school, perks of having a car in japan. it was cold, and windy, but the sun was still shining outside. the drops of yellow leaves filled the path as if someone had taken a crayon and colored the road in a crazy manner.

"are we still picking up sakusa?"

"yeah, or else he's gonna get on his lil' bike and bike to school like an idiot."

as you drove up to his house, the tall ace was standing there awkwardly on his phone. he had the itachiyama uniform on, with a black letterman jacket, his airpods in, his curls looking more prominent than usual.

you unlocked your car with a gulp as he sat inside, sakusa murmuring a "hey" to the both of you. fuck, he looks hot. you looked to your left to widen your eyes at komori but he gave a the-hell-are-you-looking-at-me-for? look.

"hey sakusa," you greeted to break the silence, "nice outfit ya got goin' on!"

komori snorted, "yeah, he got a date later."

sakusa suddenly kicked the back of his seat with a small chuckle as well, fixing his curls in the process, "shut up, i do not," he said, "i just couldn't find my hoodie, that's all."

you made eye contact with the ace through your rear view mirror and immediately started driving when you met his dark eyes. he also noticed that and tried to avert his own from yours by looking out the window.

when sakusa met your eyes, his heart race increased by 10 miles per hour, he felt like it was basically about to burst out of his chest and make its way to your hand. the ravenette immediately tried to calm down his breathing and even pulled his mask up higher to cover the faint tint of crimson and baby pink on the apple of his cheeks.