let your heart breathe

"sakusa?" you said, perplexed, "i did not expect to see you here

"sakusa?" you said, perplexed, "i did not expect to see you here."

but yet, here he was. sakusa was standing in front of you. black mask on, hair sorta wet, a cute yet fitting outfit on, lowkey out of breath. well, he looked like he was rushing.

sakusa furrowed his brows, "i never said i wasn't going to come, i just arrived late," he shrugged, "can we? can we sit down?" he said, out of breath.

his voice broke your trance and you immediately nodded, "o-oh! yeah of course." you rapidly sat down on one side of the bench but he wouldn't. you noticed some dust on the bench so you awkwardly dusted it off for him to sit down.

sakusa sat down and sighed. the boy still looked scared. really scared. he ran his hand through his luscious, long, locks of dark hair and finally took off his mask. sakusa's fingers fumbled with the mask since he was afraid to meet your eyes. he was ashamed.

"what are you doing here?" you asked. you looked at your thighs and furrowed your eyebrows, "aren't you supposed to be... in your room, standing me up, being a pussy, and leaving me here to cry? isn't that what you were supposed to be doing?"

sakusa immediately shook his head, "what? no, of course not!" he told you, "let me explain—"

you rolled your eyes playfully, "okay. go ahead. explain, omi-kun." you urged him.

the boy in front of you tried to find words on what to say. to be honest, he's just trying to make up sentences in his mind so he wouldn't seem like a complete idiot when he explains.

"let me explain it in the most simple? sense." sakusa started, "um. so. i was actually ready by nine fifty or something like that. well, that's a lie. i was ready by nine, but then i wanted to do my hair nice and stuff like that, ya know?"

you were taken aback by his simple statement, "nine? really?"

"yeah. nine." he nodded, "but then, when i was about to leave, my mom called for me and said, 'kiyoomi! can you take care of the pests in my plants! thanks!'" sakusa shuddered at the memory.

you tried to stifle a laugh but you failed. very miserably. just the thought of the clean-freak sakusa being told to clean pests in their house plants was a pretty hilarious scenario to think about.

"anyway, i told her i had to go, but she insisted i take care of the pests. i remember i rolled my eyes and started spraying the bug thing on her plants," the boy explained, "and then, aphids! yep! aphids! started getting on my hoodie!"

that story he was telling was entirely true. kiyoomi's mom came back from her early morning shift and asked her son to tend for her houseplants since she was tired. poor sakusa with his aphids infested hoodie. that hoodie is most likely going to end up in the donate pile in that's sitting in his garage.

your palm flew to your mouth, "oh my god."

the ace nodded, "so that's why i told komori to tell you i'd be a little bit late. around fifteen to twenty minutes. but obviously i took a longer shower since that is actually disgusting."