Chapter 3 - Emo boy

It's been a couple minutes of walking. Sam is still holding onto my arm, but he's not running anymore. He's doing the exact opposite, actually. Taking small steps, his body slouched over, breathing heavily. I guess it makes sense, we're trying to walk up to the mountains, but does he really have to be this dramatic about it? And why is he still holding onto me? I'm the one pulling him along now, and it feels like he's trying to take off my skin by how tightly he's pinching me.

Suddenly he attempts to straighten his posture a bit, and takes one deep breath, then glances at me. "By the way, who've you met so far?" He asks curiously, trying his hardest not to lose his breath and pass out. "Mayor Lewis, Robin, Abigail, Pe-"
"-oh! So you've met Abby already!" He suddenly interrupts, and I simply nod. "What do you think of her?" Before I can even reply, he continues to speak "I know, she might seem a bit loud and intimidating at first. She's nice tho. She's part of our little trio." So they're friends? I guess it makes sense. They both seem extremely positive, and have somewhat similar tastes in fashion.

Though, Abigail seems a lot darker and scarier than Sam does. If they're a trio, then I wonder what Sebastian looks like? Is he going to be even louder than they are? Even more intimidating than Abigail? I guess we'll see. We arrive at a large house, seemingly constructed entirely by one person. Suddenly I remember how Robin told me she works as a carpenter. I wonder if she built this entire house all by herself? If that's the case, I really have to inform myself about those house upgrades she sells.

Sam smiles at me and raises his arms up in the air enthusiastically "We're here!" He gestures me to follow him inside, then simply opens the door and enters, as if this was his own place. I look around for a split second, until Sam tells me that we have to go down into the basement. I don't expect much, and simply follow him downstairs. He knocks on the door in a certain type of melody, then opens it, loudly entering. "Hello Seb! Look who's here!" Sam shouts, and I enter the room.

It's completely dark, no windows whatsoever. The only light source is a computer in the corner of the room, where suddenly I see someone look up at me from behind it. A person with dark hair, and extremely pale skin. I didn't even really notice them to be a living person at first, I thought it was a ghost. He takes one glance at me, then back at his screen.

Sam walks over to the dark boy and pats his head "now, now. Don't you want to introduce yourself? I guess I'll do it for you. Female Sam, this is Sebastian, Sebastian, this is female Sam." I slowly wave at him and speak out a simple hi, but the boy doesn't reply. Suddenly the taller blonde guy hits the other on his back. He squeezes his eyes shut in pain and whispers out an ouch. "So you just moved in right? Cool." Sam grins, proud of himself for finally getting a sentence out of Sebastian's mouth.

Sam grabs the mouse and turns off the computer, Sebastian looks at him confused "let's do something together! Abigail should be here soon too." I'm not sure if by us he's also including me. I'm not sure why he would, though. He just met me, he doesn't know me at all. And so far I've barely spoken. I also feel like Sebastian doesn't like the idea of me keeping them company. He showed no reaction whatsoever. His eyes lacked emotions. How did I already make someone hate me by simply existing?

But I guess I'm already used to that. Back in the city, nobody liked each other. If someone breathed too loudly, someone else would roll their eyes in annoyance. Everyone was living for themselves. Nobody knew anyone. I guess in Pelican Town it's different. Everyone knows everyone. They all talk to each other, and get along. I'm not sure if they like me to be here. Some of them are probably just pretending to be welcoming towards me.

Sebastian doesn't seem too happy. Maybe he can sense that I'm not as talkative and kind as everyone else in this town is, but he doesn't seem like the type of person to even care about this. He didn't talk much either. His room is entirely dark, and since there are no windows, it seems as though he always sits in complete darkness, whenever he's in here. It reminds me of myself when I still worked at the office. How can he feel comfortable in here? He slowly gets up and moves away from the computer, standing very close to Sam, not looking at either of us.

I take a closer look at him. He's dressed in all black, his entire body is covered. Even most of his face is hidden behind a mass of black messy hair. All I can see is his matte purple eyes, his eye sockets are completely dark, and his lips slightly tinted pink. He looks so much darker than Abigail, but I don't feel as intimidated by him. He doesn't really make himself noticeable anyway, so I don't have a reason to be scared of him. So far, it's hard for me to have any impression of him whatsoever.

Sam puts his arm around Sebastian's shoulders, and tells me to come with them. We head outside, and Sebastian squints his eyes and covers them with his hands as soon as we enter the light of day. I guess he spends the majority of his time in his little basement. I wish I couldn't relate.
"Vincent is with Penny, and my mom should be out as well. Should we hang out at my place, then?" Sam asks, and Sebastian simply shrugs his shoulders in response. He then looks at me.
"I.. me?" Sam quickly nods "of course you're coming with us!" I hesitate for a second, then try to give him a grin "Sure.. we can hang out at your place." Sam jumps up excitedly and then leads the way.

We arrive at his place, but the door is locked. Sam is fondling around, trying to either find a key in his pocket or open the window to his room somehow. Sebastian is sitting on the floor next to him, and I stand beside them, waiting patiently. I turn around to examine this part of town a bit more, when I see a person walking passed us. A dark haired man, with a slight stubble. His blue hoodie is filled with holes and rips, on the front I can see a Joja mart patch. He notices me staring at him, and simply gives me a glance. It wasn't a friendly glance tho. I quickly look away, and he leaves. He looked kind of pissed off. I hope I didn't make him feel uncomfortable.

I turn back towards Sam and Sebastian, attempting to form a question "Who.. who was that person?" Sam looks around to check who I am asking about, but he can't see anyone.
"Shane", a quiet voice states. Both I, and the spiky haired boy look downwards at Sebastian, who is still slouched over on the floor.
"It's Shane. But you most likely won't get to know him, anyway." I pout slightly. Another person who doesn't like me for no reason? I guess they really had different expectations for me. Or maybe they have that stereotype of city people being asocial and selfish. Which, I guess, is pretty accurate..

"yeah, nobody really talks to Shane a lot. He mostly keeps to himself, and whenever someone attempts to interact with him, he usually tells us to leave him alone. He's pretty rude, not gonna lie." Sam explains. "I see... I guess I just assumed townspeople would be so incredibly lively and enthusiastic. Don't get me wrong, you guys are! Or.. at least most of you." I answer carefully. Sam chuckles

"Out of all the places you could live, you chose Pelican Town?", the dark haired boy suddenly asks. "Well.. it's a family thing, I suppose." I reply, and he glances at me, then looks away, without saying anything else.

Finally, Sam manages to open his window, and we all crawl through into his room.