Chapter 20 - Confession

Sebastian and I went to grab some pizza at the Saloon yesterday and then went back to my place to eat and unwind. We talked a bit more about what happened during dinner and I suggested we should plan a hangout session with Maru sometime so that they can hopefully form some type of bond before she leaves in a couple months. He accepted the offer. He explained that he doesn't hate Maru, but Demetrius made it impossible for him to ever accept her as his sister or even someone he deserves to look at and think of as equal.

We spent the entire night talking about the past, a couple funny things he's experienced with Sam, and a little bit about what we dream of. The things we want for our future. I explained to him that all I want is to turn my farm into my dream home and live here with a bunch of animals, and always keep him and Sam by my side. He smiled at me and told me that he wants to find a comfortable place to stay in here in Pelican Town, for his work to be taken seriously and reach a bigger audience, and for Sam and me to stay by his side and encourage him.

After waking up this morning, I check my front door and notice a plate wrapped in tin foil with a small note taped on top on the floor. I pick it up and read it

Hey Sami,
I'm sorry our dinner had to end so abruptly.
I'm glad you stood up for Sebastian and I hope you'll continue to look out for him.
It's a relief to know he has someone like you in his life.
Since you couldn't try some before, I brought you some of the pie I made.
Give Sebby a slice, he loves it.
- Robin

I smile and carry the plate inside. Sebastian just got out of the shower and put on some fresh clothes. He notices the plate and walks towards me. "What you got there? Smells like cherries."
I get rid of the tin foil and Sebastian's jaw drops and he instantly runs into my kitchen to grab a fork. "Oh my god you have no idea how much I love these. My mom is so good at baking", he states enthusiastically and I giggle. "I get that. You can eat your slice already, I'll eat mine later today." Sebastian nods and begins eating.

It makes me happy to see him so excited and comfortable. I go to pick up his plate when he's done but he pushes my hand away. "I got it", he says, and brings it over to my sink to clean it. I grin at him. "You know, you don't have to do this. You're technically my guest.", I explain and he shakes his head "No. I want to help you. I could actually get used to co-existing with you like this. I wish I'd never have to leave."

Suddenly a thought pops into my head. My eyes widen. "Maybe you don't have to", I state and Sebastian looks at me confused. "What do you mean?", he asks and I take a few seconds to properly put my idea into words. "Why don't you move in with me?", I say. Seb scoffs and grins nervously "Did you hit your head? There's no way you're being serious." I shake my head "No. I feel great. I want you to move in with me because you have enough space here to work on your projects. I think you feel comfortable here and I want to be there to support you whenever you need it. You deserve to live in a safe space. You can of course move back out whenever you want to."

His eyes widen and a smile forms on his face. "I love that idea! Truly, I do. I'll go pack a couple things right away. If you have time, you can come help me later today."
He instantly runs off. I decide to clean up a bit and prepare some space for a new roommate. So far we've been sleeping in the same bed anyway but if he were to feel uncomfortable, he could sleep on the couch as it's big enough.

I hope Robin will approve of my idea but I'm sure she will. She said she wants me to be there for Sebastian and him moving in with me would be the best way to continue doing that. I need to grab some more groceries and take care of my animals before I can go help Sebastian. By the time I'm completely done, it's already getting dark. Sebastian is still not back. I decide to head up to the mountains, and as I approach his house, I notice him sitting on his motorcycle.