Chapter 27 - The Junimo's

By the time we arrive at the community center it's already 10pm and most of the other villagers are either still at the Saloon or have gone home. The streets are entirely empty, and especially the area around the abandoned community building is. All four of us are waiting inside. I'm the only one who knows what I saw. Well... me and that wizard. But none of the others know, and I'm not sure I can let them know.

I know I'm waiting for something to appear here. I'm waiting for someONE. They're simply not appearing, but they will. Abby starts shivering. "It is starting to get a bit cold", she states. I nod my head in agreement, "A little bit, yeah". Suddenly Sebastian raises his arms and pulls his hoodie off, then places it on my lap. "Here, don't freeze." I grin at him.

"She isn't even shaking. My entire body is shivering, and you still decide she's the one in need of a hoodie?", Abigail asks annoyed. Sebastian turns away from her and crosses his arms. "Well, she's the one doing the work, right? Besides, I don't owe you anything." I can feel them exchanging pissed off glances, even though both of them are out of my sight.

"How are you doing right now, Sami?", Emily suddenly asks, easing the conversation a bit. I sigh dramatically. "I wish I could tell you. I know I'm waiting for something to happen, but it's not happening." I explain whilst pulling Seb's hoodie over my head. His scent immediately fills up my nose and I feel a sudden tingle inside my stomach. I haven't been able to focus on this feeling in a few days, so it came as a bit of a surprise.

It's safe to say my feelings for Sebastian are still very much there, it's just upsetting that I haven't been able to pay attention to them. Or him. I want to get this over with so that I can just prioritize him and our farm again. Actually, it's still just my farm. It's not like we're married. But maybe we will be? I'm hoping we will... what am I thinking? Stop. Focus on the task at hand.

I shake my head to erase my thirsty thoughts and continue waiting. A bunch of minutes pass, with absolutely nothing happening. Abby sighs and waves her hand at us. "Well, it's been nice, but this is getting annoying. Proceed without me", she states before heading out. "I don't blame her. But I'm not giving up. I know what I'm doing", I convince myself. Emily and Sebastian exchange looks of doubt and concern.

Another 30 minutes have passed and Emily decided to leave as well. It's alright. I know it's getting super late and I can't expect for all of them to give up on their valuable sleep. It's certainly a relief that Sebastian is still here. We're here alone. It's been a while since we've had that chance. It's upsetting that it has to be such an annoying situation, though.

After a while of silence, Sebastian sits down on the cold wooden floor, right next to me. He glances at me before speaking up. "I'm sorry I was a bit rough with you earlier at the tower. Not sure what triggered it. I'm guessing I just... I don't know. Is it too much to say that.. I missed you?", he confesses. I look back at him and a subtle grin forms on my face.

"Why would it be too much? If that's what you felt, then that's what you should tell me", I reassure him. He frowns. "It feels weird being so honest about my feelings to someone. I find myself talking to Sam about stuff like this more often as well. Kind of odd", he explains. I chuckle at him. "Well doesn't it feel a lot nicer? Not having to bury everything deep inside of you?", I ask him.

Sebastian nods his head slightly, "It feels nice when it gives me an excuse to talk to you." I place my hand on his arm carefully. "Seb, you don't ever need an excuse for that. Just come talk. Although, I'm guessing that hasn't been easy these days...", I realize that he's been making an effort to spark conversations and hang out with me very frequently, I've just been rejecting him.

Why am I doing this? I've always been the one to want to see him, to talk to him and find out every little thing about him. Why am I pushing him away when he's trying so hard to be there for me? Why am I so cold towards him now? I never intended to be. I was simply so focused on fixing this town's issues that I thought prioritizing mine or anybody else's needs would make me stray me from my plan.