Chapter 18 - Sleepover

Sam and Sebastian both walked me to my house and then went home, however Seb is only going to grab a couple things and then coming right back over to stay at my house. I'm nervous. I've known him for a little while now, we've had multiple deep conversations and moments that helped us grow closer together, and yet I'm still very unsure of how things will go on. I'm now sure that I have feelings for him, there's not a doubt in my mind.

But how does he feel? If he likes me back, what will we do? Will we start going out? I've never been in that type of situation, I have no idea what I would do. And if he doesn't like me back, do we stay friends? Would I be able to let go of him? I'm trying not to think too much about it and just go with the flow, but it's hard when my heart aches for him so much. I want to experience so much with him by my side and have him tell me all his stories and listen to mine. I've never been so deeply interested in someone in my entire life. It scares me to think of all the possible outcomes, regardless if they'd be positive or not.

Suddenly the sound of an engine rips me away from my thoughts and I head outside to look what it is. Sebastian parks his motorcycle on a small spot plastered with smooth cobble stone, then takes off his helmet. I didn't know he had a motorcycle. I didn't even think he could drive. He turns around and slightly grins when he notices me standing there. "I never told you about her, did I?", he says.

I look at him confused "her? You mean your motorcycle?". He nods his head. "I love to take her for rides to the city when I need to escape my reality for a little while. Maybe I can take you with me sometime.", he suggests and I laugh nervously "About that, I'm kind of terrified of motorcycles". He pouts at me "Think I could change that?", he asks and puts his hand on my head. I shrug my shoulders. "I would love to give it a try", I say and he smiles.

What's up with him today? Earlier he was so shy and clumsy and now he's suddenly so open and happy. If anyone ever dares to say that women are the ones with mood swings I'll send them Sebastian. We enter my house and he immediately sits down on the couch. "Have you been spending more time decorating? It looks a lot more lively in here." He examines my room, pointing out a bunch of new décor pieces I've added. I nod at him.

"Sam went to see Penny, I guess we're both on dates today.", he suddenly states and chuckles. Did he just call this a date? Or was it just a joke? He probably hasn't even eaten yet, so I guess I should warm up some leftovers from yesterday for a nice candlelit dinner. That's what people do on dates, right? I'm not sure if Sebastian will like my cooking's but it's worth a try I suppose. "Are you hungry? I can warm up some leftovers." "If you're the cook, I'm always hungry.", he replies and grins slightly.

As I'm preparing the food, Sebastian is standing right next to me, keeping me company. At some point, Shane knocks at my door and gifts me a basket filled with different types of alcoholic beverages that he had left. I really do not like to drink, but maybe it will add to the whole date atmosphere if Sebastian and I drink a bit later today. And so we do.

We enjoy our food and drink a couple glasses of red wine. Sebastian definitely has a higher tolerance than me, and even when he's very drunk he stays quiet and put together, unlike me. I only had three glasses and already feel a lot more energetic than before. I joke around and Sebastian laughs with me. "You don't usually like to drink, do you?", he asks whilst taking another sip of his wine.

I nod my head. "Don't wanna end up like my dad" "Or Shane", he adds. I pout at him "Shane's doing better! He's going to therapy now." He simply rolls his eyes at me and takes my hand. "You don't have to drink only because I'm here, Sami.", he says and I exhale. "Thank god", I mumble and Sebastian stares at me in confusion. "I mean.. I'm not drinking because you're here, definitely not." He chuckles "Oh, Sami".