Chapter 2: Kidnapping at its finesse

Tick

tack

tick

tack

Drip

Drip

Drip

Squinting her eyes forcefully open, Eira closed them immediately, unable to bear the bright spotlight standing just above her eyes. Even when her eyes were closed, she could feel the absorbing light penetrating through her vision, ephemerally blinding her.

She tried raising her hands to cover her eyes. When she realized her wrists were tied together with grey shining silicone tapes, she panicked and all the memories happening after her performance at the club rushed down.

"Where the hell am I?" She thought as her heart thundered loudly in her chest. This time, she turned her head to the right, away from the source of light as her pupils would be more comfortable to adjust themselves.

She was tied to a chair with some ropes and her mouth had a nasty cloth covered to it. She could puke from the disgusting smell coming from it. She lifted her head up to the ceiling to let her hair fall back away from her face as she turned to the left.

Eira gasped at the sight in front of her, her eyes widening and stomach churning even if she could barely remember the last time she had on any meal.

A thin fragile girl, perhaps a couple years younger than her, was lying naked on the small bed placed next to the wall. The mattress, devoid of any bedsheet, was stench with blood. Red gashes and deep biting marks were formed on the girl's body at multiple places, especially at her thighs and collarbones. Undeniably, traces of dry tears were visible on her face as well as a cut on her lips.

Eira supposed she was being forcefully drugged. She turned her face away from her body to the floor, taking in a pile of clothes resembling a party dress filled with sequins and some torn black stockings. It was clear as day what the hell had just happened to her.

Eira froze, looking down at herself, her heart racing a millimetre less fast when she saw her clothes still intact on her. It didn't seem like anyone had laid their filthy hands on her.

She whipped her head fast around her to look around the room. There had to be an opening through which she could escape for her life and hopefully save the girl's life too. It was not a time to break down. She sure had encountered a lot of difficult moments before, and it was not Eira's nature to lose hope.

There was a closed off wall ventilation fan at the very top of the right side of the room. She instantly knew it was the only way out after she visually examined every corner from where she was seated while being tied. It was daytime as tiny rays of the sun passed through the paper covering the wall ventilator.

Now, the real struggle laid in getting herself out of those strong ropes. After a lot of hustle and wriggling, she paused to gain some strength back, closing her eyes only to forcefully open them back as she heard a whimper.

Turning her head towards the source, she saw the girl opening her eyes. Dread filled her guts as she realized she would have to console her, and she was not sure whether she would be able to do that just now, for she was herself seconds from breaking down.

'Please don't wake up, not now,' She silently pleaded.

The fragile girl first turned to her as Eira simply tried to let out a comforting look.

"Kaun ho tum?" The girl asked, looking at her with a confused face, then turned to look at the ceiling and the surroundings. She continued, "Yeh kaunsi jagah hain?" Her eyes kept roaming around and her voice was raspy.