Chapter 17: Vibez

You know this feeling like you know you are on an island when you feel the sea breeze on your face and the white sand under your feet, or you know you are in a busy business city when you see gigantesque skyscrapers around you, or you know you are in the Middle East when you are burning from the scorching heat in the desert.

The same way Eira could feel she was in a neighboring country of Shakhghar once they hit the road to the Royal Palace of Dasht. The air was hazy, though a little bit more than Shakhghar.

When she glanced down from the plane's window, she could see larger deserts spanning out on the land of Dasht, compared to the ones she saw in Shakhghar

She observed that Shakhghar was more advanced and developed, although there were some fascinating skyscrapers here as well, albeit a bit shorter.

She was not feeling good; the vibes of the place were telling her to run back to Shakhghar, although all appeared normal in her surroundings. Perhaps, she did find some hope when she was back at Shakhghar's Royal Palace.

Thankfully, Princess Huma was right beside her in the luxurious car as the others went in separate cars. Raed had ignored her during the whole flight, and she had managed to do the same. She showed him she was unaffected by his presence although she felt otherwise on the inside.

It was nice to occasionally feel his arm rub against hers, to steal little glances at his chiseled jawline, or to see him so deeply focused on his work as he was unaware of his surroundings.

The driver slowed down at the entrance of the Royal Palace which Eira noticed was less grand than the one in Shakhghar. Although the details and sculptures of the place was not as extraordinary as Shakhghar's, the building's design remained, nonetheless, levelled up to that of a Royal Palace's shine and glamour. The security seemed as tight as it was in Shakhghar, but Eira felt a more terrifying emotion rush through her as the car glided smoothly on the brick path.

She'd always trusted her vibes, her instincts. If she could, she would have turned back. But her hands were under the rocks; Nimrah had her hopes pinning on her. She would not let her down.

She noticed that all the other cars were lined up behind and some guards came at each car's door and opened it for them. They all got out, the scorching heat, hitting their faces as they were ushered inside by a prestigious-looking royal member.

Eira could decipher the man as a royal since he conversed dominantly with Raed, Huma and Sa'eem. He wore a traditional golden piece of cloth over his plain white thobe, which Huma had referred to as the Bisht.

She remained close behind Huma among the other staff members the Royal Princess had brought along. Technically, Eira had able been able to secure an invitation for tonight under the position of Princess Huma's makeup artist. There were also her stylists and other staffs present, and Eira drew less attention to herself by associating herself with the group of lower class.

No one really glanced twice at them. It was the royal members who received the whole attention and hospitality, and she was content this way as it would make her task easier here.

They were then all escorted to the guests' chambers in the Royal Palace, which was situated on the East wing. Princess Huma got the room next to Eira's, as Raed and Sa'eem got theirs on the opposite end of the drawn-out corridor, some hundred meters away.

Eira glanced around the place and wondered where the other staff members were. She knew they would be joining her soon as Nargis had mentioned about the staff members sharing their rooms when they would be going for trips.

Momentarily, she heard a knock at the door and swiftly got up to open it. She was confused upon finding no one at the door. She peeped into the corridor, but it was deserted. A knock sounded again, and she realized it was coming from inside the room.