Chapter 13: Eira, the new tutor?

A faint, but audible, sound of the familiar bell rang, causing shivers to run down Eira's bare arms.

She stood in front of the full mirrored wall in a matching set of workout clothes.

Despite looking hot, she felt tensed.

'Why hasn't she come yet,' She muttered under her breath.

She turned back and saw the swimming pool of the complex from above. The place was deserted at this hour. Obviously, no sane person would want to grill herself under the scorching sun of Shakhghar.

The doorknob sound knocked her out of her reverie as she turned towards the entrance.

"Was I gone for too long?" Princess Huma guiltily grimaced.

Eira fidgeted with polar thoughts she received. As much as she wanted to tell the Princess she had been waiting for an hour already and that she felt mortified in this place, she suppressed herself,

"I don't mind waiting," Eira tried to sound as polite as she could.

Princess Huma chuckled as she dropped a small backpack on the couch and simultaneously plopped in.

Patting the seat next to her, she gestured for Eira to sit down.

"This beautiful face of yours has been complaining of the wait," Princess Huma let out in an informal tone.

"I can assure you, I don't mind the waiting," Eira replied as she tilted herself to face the royal.

"Well, I may need to learn more than belly dancing here," She chuckled and continued, "I bear beautiful patience no matter how hard the storm hits in life. But, if you ask me to wait for someone and she shows up an hour later, I'm gonna throw a fit,"

"To be honest, every second felt like a minute the moment I got here," Eira revealed.

"I knew I couldn't be more right when I saw your face as soon as I entered. Your face bloomed. Literally."

"Actually, your Highness, I was more scared than tired of waiting. Time passed by so painfully because I was terrified someone would find me in here, and they wouldn't know you asked me to come. They wouldn't believe me and-" Princess Huma stopped her instantly.

"Hey hey hey. Shhh," She said, placing her palms softly on Eira's hands which rested on her own thighs.

"I need you to trust me, alright?" Princess Huma whispered gently, trying to soothe her out of her worries.

"This place's used only by my brother. It's Raed's private gym. He shares it with me every now and then. Apart from us, no one ever comes here," Princess Huma reassured her, but Eira trembled on the inside.

She didn't utter a word that a few weeks ago, she had accidentally met Raed here while she lost her way.

"What if he comes?" Eira asked.

"I know his workout schedule and he's busy with loads of work right now," Princess Huma confidently answered.

"That's why I asked you to come here at one p.m. But, I got a last minute meeting scheduled with the Minister of Finance. It was impossible to miss,"

"I really appreciate your help, Your Highness. You have no idea how much this means for me.  I feel like I'm so close to have my life back," Eira emotionally let out and continued,

"The most meaningful thing is that you decided to trust me last night and I'll be forever grateful to you for that,"

"First of all, you gotta stop calling me 'Your Highness' when we're alone. And, secondly, if I have trusted in you, now it's your turn." Princess Huma warmly smiled.