Chapter 4: Glam Sham

"Keep that smile and don't you dare cry! Or this pretty face will be made unidentifiable by Sahib. I believe you don't want that, do you?"

Deja vu?

Hadiba transferred these clear instructions as a young girl completed Eira's makeup. Eira woke up, feeling numb. It was best to go with the flow when you had no choice.

Hadiba and Tamur had accompanied her to this place after she had woken up at the tent. Blindfolded again, she didn't get to see where they passed on the way here.

The clock striked six in the evening and the supposed show that Hadiba had mentioned was about to start in around half an hour. She had been in a makeup studio since they arrived. It was a private area, posh and looked reserved for high class people. Even the air smelled rich.

Eira had changed into a gold fitted dress with a slit at her left thigh. Her dark brown hair was tucked to the side, resting neatly on her bare left shoulder. The three inches golden heels, gold eyeshadow and nude lips paired beautifully with the dress.

She stared at herself in the mirror and scoffed internally. No one would believe she had been kidnapped and sold during the past few days. To her surprise, Hadiba threw the blindfold in the small trashcan and led her outside, reminding her once again to maintain a good facial expression.

They both marched in the carpeted hallway. They appeared to be a luxurious hotel but it wasn't certain. Through the elevator, they arrived at the second floor where Hadiba greeted the security staff and showed them two tickets before they granted them access inside.

Several Nordic luxury crystal-led chandeliers held graciously across the air conditioned, spacious, and cream carpeted banquet hall. Thick cream curtains hung closed at each side of the room, preventing any external source of light from coming in. Many people in suits and delicate evening dresses stood professionally in groups, holding conversations while having a glass in their hands, probably filled with champagne.

She strangely felt some sort of connection with all these people as she glided deeper into the hall. She was seeing 'normal' people gathered after really long torturing days.

She was left puzzled and confused as Hadiba clearly said something about a show, but as far as the scene in front of her was concerned, Eira could conclude that they were at a high-end party where literally every aspect in the room screamed power and luxury.

She had assumed she had been sold as a slave but now realized that prostitution could be her new nightmare. High end prostitution, to be precise.

Either one made her wish to puke although this place wouldn't seem like there could be any kind of trafficking going on. Nothing was impossible at this point.

"Ya Tamur! Marhaba!" A man yelled from behind making few heads turn around their small group.

"Boss." Tamur uttered and instantly turned towards the grey-haired folk who looked to be in his sixties and side hugged him.

The old man patted Tamur's shoulder and looked to his side, "Here she is, Eira Murad."

Eira internally cringed as soon as the old man's gaze fell upon her. She could see his dark black eyes penetrating her soul ever so vilely. She wanted to vomit right on his face as she struggled to maintain a stoic expression.

Tamur smirked, knowing his Boss, Pasha, was satisfied with the deal and was getting ecstatic for their Big Boss' reaction. However, he quickly sensed Eira's disgust from her composure. As if to break the ice, Tamur commented, "Big Boss will be happy, right?"