Chapter 18: Tick Tock

Disclaimer: This chapter contains violence. The concerned scene's at the last part of the chapter.

Sitting elegantly among the stylists, Eira strived to keep herself together in the colossal banquet hall with modish chandeliers hanging at every other meter of the ornate ceiling. She still felt her lips tingle although it had been six hours since the Crown Prince of Shakhghar had fervently kissed her. Her body shivered as she recalled his touch roaming around her entire body.

She still remembered how passionately Raed had looked at her when they broke the kiss to catch their breaths. His body hadn't moved an inch from hers and he pressed her lips again on hers, closing his eyes. But Eira had gotten the time to descend on earth and receive a reality check.

She pushed him away, hard.

Breaking apart, his eyes widened at her in surprise and she shoved him to the side, his body falling on the empty spot on the soft mattress as she rapidly jumped out of the bed.

She couldn't be kissing her owner; she was disgusted at the term.

"Get out!" She screamed authoritatively, leaving no room for argument.

Raed hadn't yet recovered from the fact that she had broken away from their kiss and he was still sitting on the bed in a daze.

"I. Said. Out." She emphasized on every word, her tone lowering a bit as she raised her hand to point towards the door.

Once he realized, he released a breath and muttered, "Fine, watch me."

Eira was muddled by what he said, but she wasn't able to understand what had transpired.

Their gazes met when Eira had entered the hall in a beautiful beige, fully sequined, long dress, accentuating her every curve. Her hair, which flowed down her bare back, was styled by the hair stylists in bouncy large curls.

She didn't miss the lust in his eyes at the first gaze, which then shifted to a blank one. She already knew he would ignore her just like he did on the plane. Hence, Eira had resorted to make as if he didn't even exist as she walked past him without any acknowledgement.

Sitting at the table, being bored by the little speech of one of the Ministers, Eira sneaked a little glance at Raed. He wore a two-piece back suit with a matching black tie, and a white shirt underneath. His hair was perfectly done and his look was immaculate. He was whispering something to Noman, the Crown Prince of Dasht.

'The glamour at these royal parties is really spectacular,' she remarked as she moved her gaze to the hall in general.

The seating arrangement was completely different to that of Princess Huma's birthday bash. There were elongated rectangular tables, set out in rows holding around 60 guests in one, and a massive buffet was organized on the left side.

She was two tables behind Princess Huma's table. Obviously, the Royal was with her siblings while there were other Royals from Dasht as well seated with them. Noman sat next to Princess Huma. Her face looked more distraught than earlier. Eira was in the same situation, except that she felt like Princess Huma was hiding something.

Since she was invited as a guest, she had the privilege of eating with the guests this time. As such, she walked to the buffet once dinner was served, and took every lavish looking dish, although she didn't feel like eating any.

Her mind travelled to Nimrah, her worry was taking an upward spiral. Convincing herself to eat something so she could remain fit and focussed to conduct the plan, she began digging at her food, ignoring whatever the two stylists were talking about.