✰CHAPTER ONE✰

You had gotten a page from your boss to meet him in his office, so you quickly walked in the light blue scrubs that you had somehow managed to get dirty from just checking on your patients. You looked down at you worn out sneakers as you walked across the hospital, wondering if you had done anything wrong.

When you finally got to the door, you lightly knocked and waited for the muffled 'come in'. You opened the door to see your boss looking at you and the back of a man in a nice suit.

"Y/N! Finally!" My boss said with a wide smile that made you slightly uncomfortable. The man in the suit turned to see you and when your eyes met his, butterflies filled my stomach.

He seemed to have a firm look, but his eyes were somewhat soft when they feel upon you.

"Take a seat." Your boss quickly urged you while nodding towards the seat placed right next to the man in the suit.

You took a seat and looked between the man and your boss waiting for some sort of explanation of to why you were here.

"Hello, My name is Aaron Hotchner and I work for the FBI, more specifically the BAU or Behavioral Analysis Unit." The man in the suit, finally a name to his face, held out his hand waiting for your hand in return.

You delicately placed your hand in his and shook it before replying with your name "Y/N L/N... It's nice to meet you."

He gave a slight smile and you couldn't help but return it. You released his hand and finally asked him after a long pause "If I may, why am I here? Did I do something?"

He gave a breathy chuckle before replying "No... As a matter of fact, quiet possibly the opposite. We need on-scene medical help for when our agents are put in harms way and even though we can ask for medical assistance, it would be very helpful to have someone who works in the ER help with trauma when it happens rather than any later."

You were stunned at the offer. A job in the FBI? As a on-sight medic?

It was definitely intriguing but you wanted more details and as if he read your mind, he then said "It's a lot to consider and I hate to keep you from work, so here's my card and my office hours are already on there. If you have any questions, feel free to call or visit."

You looked down at the card while Aaron Hotchner shook my boss' hand. He turned back to you and held out his hand once more.

You placed your hand in his again and as you both shook, he said "Please take the offer into consideration. I'd love to have you apart of the team and once again, I can go into more detail if you're interested."

You smiled and nodded before saying "Thank you, sir. I'll definitely take a good look at it."

He pursed his lips, picked up his briefcase and walked out the door, having your eyes on him the whole time.

You finally turned back to your boss, glanced at the card once more and asked "Why did you suggest me for this job? Aren't there other, more exceptional doctors for this job?"

He shook his head "No... There is no one better for the job. I think you should really think about it."

You looked down at the card with the bolded words 'SSA AARON HOTCHNER'

You sighed and nodded before getting up to return to work.

You whispered under my breath "I just might."

~

You were sitting on your couch looking at the card seriously debating whether you should just go for it or not.