✰ CHAPTER SIXTEEN ✰

It had been a week since you had gotten home form the hospital, two weeks since you woke up in the hospital and three weeks since you had gotten shot.

Emily, JJ, Penelope, and Hotch had all visited you to make sure that you were doing okay and to see if you needed anything.

It's not like you were in wheelchair or anything, you were perfectly able to do anything and the only reason you were back at work is because Hotch said you needed to be in a better head space, whatever that means.

You were sitting on the couch, quiet music playing from your TV, book in your hands when you got a knock.

You quickly got up and opened the door to see Rossi and Hotch there.

Jack quickly came from behind them and ran into you with a hug.

You bent down and hugged him back.

"Are you feeling better Y/N? Dad said you got shot and he was really scared."

You looked up at Hotch who was talking to Rossi, but must've heard his son because his cheeks were slightly pink.

With a giggle, you replied "Yep! I feeling much better! Why don't you all come in. I'm sure I have hot chocolate for Jack and I can make a pot of coffee."

They smiled and Hotch said "That'd be great, thank you Y/N."

You nodded and let them in, shut the door and went to the kitchen to start making their drinks.

You came out with Jack's hot chocolate and said "The coffee is brewing so might take a minute."

They were already sitting on your furniture, Rossi sitting on your love seat, Jack sitting on the floor, and Hotch sitting right next to the place you were just in.

It's like he would fit perfectly next to you.

You grabbed your tablet off your table and handed it to Jack before saying "You can play some games, but be careful with your hot chocolate right next to you on the floor."

He eagerly nodded and started to search your tablet for games he'd enjoy.

You took a seat in your original spot and you were right, Hotch had scooted away to make room for you, but if he had stay, the two of you would've been snuggled up.

"So why'd you guys stop by in the first place?"

Rossi smiled and said "We were going to the soccer fields since Jack wanted some practice, but he decided checking on you was a lot more important."

A large smile grew on your face and you looked down at the little boy who was aggressively tapping on your tablet.

"Also, I wanted to take this opportunity to let you know about work." Hotch said.

You raised an eyebrow as you let Hotch continue "You will be able to come back in a week."

"Really!?" You said jumping up in excitement.

He chuckled "Yeah... I think you're doing much better and we really need you back on the team. It doesn't go as smoothly without you."

You smiled widely and tackled him in a hug.

He gave out a laughed and hugged you back.

"And to put you in an even better mood, we'll be having that off day tomorrow. Everyone is coming to my house, you included."

You gasped and got out of Hotch's arms and went to hug Rossi.

"This has been the best day I've had in too long!"