✰CHAPTER EIGHT✰

Even though you tried to fight against it, Hotch gave you the day off.

The next day had come and your alarm started to go off and you quickly turned it off and got up.

You wouldn't usually be this eager to return to work, but you hated being forced to take a day off by Hotch.

You put on a white long sleeve blouse and a black pencil skirt paired with your usual black heels.

You placed your hair into a ponytail and you went to your car.

When you arrived, you went to your desk and looked for your files, but you couldn't seem to find any.

Emily rushed over to you, hugged you and asked "Where were you yesterday? Hotch said to let you be so I didn't call you but I was worry sick!"

You giggled, realizing Hotch was the reason why she didn't call you.

"Yeah I'm fine! I just needed a day off ya know?"

She smiled and said "Of course! I'm just glad your back."

She looked down at your desk and asked "Where are your files."

You shrugged and said "Not sure. Did Hotch not hand them out yet?"

She shook her head and replied "No, I have some on my desk."

"Huh."

You talked with Emily, even Spencer walking over and joining you conversation for a bit before you heard "L/N."

You turned to see Hotch standing outside of his office and continued "Please see me in my office."

He turned around and shut the door.

"What'd you do this time?"

You giggled "Not sure."

You walked over to his office and open it.

You took a seat and asked "Is everything okay?"

"I know the other night was tough, so I was thinking I could help you with your paperwork rather than you doing it alone."

You scoffed "I don't need you to baby me, Hotch."

He looked up at you and said "Well, if you feel comfortable enough to go and sit at your desk and do all this paperwork on the case then be my guest."

He picked up the folders and handed it to you.

You looked at them for a moment, sighed and replied "I'm sorry."

He shook his head and softly said "No... I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you feel like you have no other option, I just don't want you to get upset when your doing these."

You lightly smiled "Thank you, Hotch. You're being really kind."

He blushed slightly before opening the first file and asking you to fill out the information page about yourself while he started to fill in the next pages.

With his help, you had finished half your files just as lunch began.

He let you have a break and you ran into JJ who was coming to get you for lunch with her, Garcia, and Emily.

The four of you went out to a nice little café and had nice conversations.

At the end, when the girls were getting ready to leave, you went back into the shop and quickly payed for another sandwich to go.

You quickly ran out with your food and the girls and you walked back to the office which wasn't too far from where you were.

You always liked walking with them to get lunch.

When you got back, you wished them luck on the rest of their paperwork and you walked back to Hotch's office.

He was scribbling on his own files when you opened the door and when he finally noticed you, he gave a soft smile that he of course wiped away.

You walked up to his desk and placed the sandwich down before saying "Here, I got you this. I'll start working on the next case while you eat."

"Why- Why'd you do this?"

You had already opened your file and started writing in it when you said "Because I care about you and you need to eat. I know helping me with this is a pain even if you won't say it, so consider it a token of my appreciation."

He began to eat while you started filling out the long case file.

After finishing your last two, you gave them to Hotch to sign off on and you thanked him for all the help he gave you.

"It's really no trouble at all. Now I'm sure Emily is waiting for you, so have a nice night and be safe." Hotch said.

You gave him a bright smile and replied "Thank you... I know I don't tell you this all that often, but I would be no where without you. I'm glad you're in my life."

This time, he didn't try to hide his smile and thanked you.

You walked out and Hotch was right.

Emily was talking to Morgan and when you walked down the staircase, she walked over and said "I've been waiting for you! Is everything okay? Did you get in trouble?"

You shook your head "No... He just helped me with the files."

"No fair! He doesn't help anyone else with their files!"

Blush spread across your cheeks when you realized what she was saying is true.

And this wasn't even the first time Hotch had given you assistance on paperwork you've had to do in the past.

You ignored her comment and the effect it had on you, the raging storm of butterflies shifting in your stomach.

"Anywho... You finished?"

She nodded and quickly gave her files to Hotch before rushing out to grab her things.

"How about we have a movie night at my house? I can order pizza!" Emily suggested like she normally does after boring paperwork days.

You giggled and said "You had me at movie!"

The two of you walked out with your arms linked and trying to plan out the movie the two of you were going to watch.

You planned to just follow her in your own car to her house since you didn't want to leave it at the office.

"Okay... We'll figure it out when we get to my place, how about that? You sure you have clothes at my house because you can stop at your house if you need?"

You shook your head "Nope. I've got plenty at your house!"

She smiled and said "Alright, I'll meet you there!"

She waved and rushed over to her car.

You looked up at Hotch's office one last time.

He was still hunched over his desk, writing away.

You observed him for a minute.

He looked peaceful, which was surprising since he was writing about awful thing about awful people.

However, he had a small resting smile on his lips.

It made you happy and the butterflies that were previously in your stomach were back.

Those were new and something you might have to get used to.

After a moment more of looking up at him, you went in your car and began to drive to Emily's. many thoughts flooding your mind.