✰CHAPTER ELEVEN✰

After several hours of long and boring paperwork, lunch time rolled around.

Emily walked over and said "JJ is meeting up with Will, Garcia already ate and Morgan is begging me to go with him. You wanna tag along?"

You shook your head "Nah. I'm okay. I think I'll just try to do my files. Have fun though!"

She gave a small smile and walked off with Morgan.

You started writing again before you heard someone walk up and clear their throat in front of you.

You glance up to see Hotch standing there, waiting for your attention.

"I was wondering if you would want to grad a cup of coffee with me?"

You smiled brightly before replying "I'd love to."

You got up and brushed off your black slacks that matched well with your nude shirt and nude heels.

The two of you walked to the elevator and decided as you walked out the building that you should go to the little café you both liked so much.

You both decided that walking there would just be easier, so you walked down the street and walked in with it only taking 10 minutes.

Hotch ordered you a vanilla latte and him a black coffee.

"So I was surprised I could get you all to myself during lunch. Emily and you are generally attached at the hip any chance you get."

You giggled at his comment and quickly thank him for the coffee he had just set down in front of you before replying "Well, she went out with Morgan and actually invited me."

He raised an eyebrow "Why'd you stay then?"

You shrugged "Not sure... I guess I just didn't want to get yelled at about who's right over a stupid bet."

Hotch chuckled at your reasoning and said "Understandable. So how've you been since the case the other day?"

"Fine I guess. I don't know. Someone getting shot in front of you isn't the nicest feeling in the world. Especially when you get covered in their blood."

He looked down and responded "Yeah. I'm really sorry about that."

You shrugged "It's in the past. It's just sometimes going into these crazy undercover cases isn't the best job in the world."

"Why do you say that? I mean besides this case."

You met his eyes that looked concerned.

"It seems that any time that I go undercover, there's this creepy guy that's there to assault me and threaten to kill me."

He said "You know I'd never let that happen-"

"I know... And I'm grateful that you do everything to protect me. Sometimes it just makes me scared that these men think I'm gonna be their next victim. That I am their last potential victim."

He sighed and began "Yeah. I'm sorry that you have to be in that position and I'm being serious when I say if you need a break, I can one hundred percent give it to you."

You shook your head and smile "No, I'm fine. Thank you, but I love my job. I just never thought I'd end up here. I went from being an ER doctor to going undercover and reviewing autopsies for the FBI."

Hotch chuckled and said "Yeah... It's a drastic change, but if it's worth anything, I'm glad you joined."

You bite your lip as blush crossed your face and you replied "It means a lot."

He softly smiled.

"Anyways, how's Jack doing?"

Hotch's smile grew and he said "Good... He wants to see you and Garcia again. He's been begging Dave to have another meet up at his house."

You giggled "That's adorable. I'd love to hang out with him again. He's such a cutie. He must get it from his dad."

It was now Hotch's turn to blush at your little comment.

He decided to graze over it and continue "I'm sure Dave want to, but we never have time."

You rolled your eyes "And who's in charge of all that?"

He chuckled and said "Touché. However, there's never a good day to have off. We either have a case or tons of paperwork."

You shrugged and replied "Yeah... I still think you should find a way."

He smiled and looked down at his watch before saying "We should probably get back. I don't want to get home too late tonight."

You nodded and the two of you walked back to the office, holding your coffee and having cute conversation the whole way back.

You both walked into the office and he walked over to his office and waved at you before shutting the door and presumably went back to paperwork.

"Did you go to lunch with out boss?" Emily asked.

You shrugged and sat down in your seat and returned to your files.

After a few moments, you felt a piece of paper hit your head.

You glared over at Emily who was looking up and whistling.

You opened the piece of paper to see the words "Out with the boss ;)"

'It's not like that!' you wrote on a separate sheet of paper before you crumbled it and threw it to Emily who jumped at it hitting her face.

The two of you started throwing papers back in forth, her saying you have a crush on Hotch while you denied every accusation.

Morgan then threw a paper at you which read 'what are we talking about ladies?'

You wrote 'none of your business!'

The now three of you began throwing papers at each other, Morgan begging to know what was happening, you and Emily telling him to piss off, and Emily still making fun of you.

At one point, Reid threw a piece of paper in and asked 'why are we throwing paper?'

Everyone was throwing paper and laughing as each one hit us as we tried to read the last.

"What's going on out here?"

All the paper stopped after one last piece hit me from Emily, which caused a giggle to escape from both of you.

You tried to quietly open the paper, but it feel the the floor with many other lost, crumble papers.

Hotch walked threw the paper that filled the floor and picked up the paper Emily threw, read it with an eyebrow raised and handed it back you by saying "I believe this belongs to you."

'Admit it... You like Hotch!'

You turned red from not only the letter, but the fact that Hotch himself just read it.

"I want all this cleaned up before you leave and I better not find any left."

He walked back to his office and shut the door.

The four of you got on the floor and began throwing away pieces of paper that had scribbled messages on them.

You all remained quiet and quickly went back to working when it was all picked up.

What an interesting day.