✰CHAPTER TWENTY✰

You and Hotch got to his apartment after a long day of work and both of you just wanted to go to sleep.

The two of you took turns in the shower and before you knew it, you were both in his bed, him reading and you looking through your notes of old cases.

It had been silent for a bit and Hotch finally decided to break it "You alright?"

You looked over to him and nodded before saying "Yeah. Why do you ask? Do I look like I'm not?"

He chuckled and shook his head "No... Just making sure."

"Are you okay? And don't say like oh I've been fine or something because I may not be a profiler, but I can tell something's up."

He put his book down on his nightstand and turned to look at me "I don't know. I've been feeling something lately and I don't know what to do about it."

You set down your notepad and turned to face him fully as well "Well, what have you been feeling?"

"I think I'm in love with someone."

Your heart stung and your head instantly began to flood with thoughts of the possible women that he could be talking about.

You looked down, but you realized you were sitting with a profiler so you tried to show little emotion and sadness from his previous statement.

You met his eyes and asked "That's great. What's she like?" even though you didn't want to hear it.

"She's kind, smart, absolutely gorgeous, and she's great with Jack. She's perfect. I wanna tell her how I feel."

With each compliment, it felt like you were being repeatedly stabbed in the heart, but you tried to continue your conversation.

You put on a fake smile "She sounds like it. Why won't you tell her?"

He gave a sigh "I'm nervous that her feelings have changed. She told me about them, but she can't remember doing it. I'm scared she's realized that I'm not worth it all. Maybe she realized that she deserves so much better than me."

You gasped "Oh my God, Aaron. Don't say that! You're amazing. She'd be lucky enough to have a handsome, strong, sweet, and overall incredible guy like you love her."

He had a soft resting smile on his face "Thank you, Y/N. I don't know. I'm just scared that if we do get together and have children or something she may end up resenting me."

"Why would she ever do that?"

He sighed once more and looked down and in a moment of pure courage, I took his hand and interlocked our fingers.

he gazed up at me and began "Well, there's a bit of an age difference. What if when we have children and she feels that I'm too old to have another kid? I mean I already have a kid! What if she doesn't even think I'd be a good dad to other children?"

Your heat ached for him. He was having too many doubts. If this woman was as great as he says, then she would never even think that!

"Aaron, she'd be insane to think that! You may be older than her, but that doesn't change anything! If she wants to have children, she'd be so lucky to have you as their father. You're an amazing dad and Jack proved that point even better!"

He kept his smile on his face and said "Thank you. Maybe I should tell her. I mean what do I have to lose?"

You returned his smile even though you felt like you had just been kicked in the stomach, which you had the misfortune to actually know what that feels like thanks to the BAU.

"Y/N..." Aaron began, though you were starting to zone out because you wished that this information wasn't told to you and you could just keep up the little fantasy in your head that you and Aaron loved each other, which you had no clue how it got there because of your low self esteem.

Your eyes were fixed on the dresser in his room and when he repeated "Y/N..." you were taken out of your trans.

Before you could reply, he took his unoccupied hand and placed it on your face.

Your eyes widened and you didn't have any time to process it because his lips quickly moved to meet yours.

Even if you weren't sure what was happening, you kissed back, using your empty hand to place on his neck to bring him impossibly closer.

You felt him smile into the kiss and you couldn't seem to help doing the exact thing.

After a moment on your lips being connected, Aaron pulled away and placed his forehead in yours.

"You have no clue how long I've wanted to do that for."

A wide smile was placed into your lips before you asked "So I was that girl you were talking about?"

He paused for a moment "Of course you were. Y/N... I love you. More than you could ever know and It's okay if you don't feel the same way, but-"

"Just shut up and kiss me."

He laughed and quickly united your lips once more.

After what felt like forever of the two of you kissing with him even moving you to now be placed in his lap, which had of course earned many giggles from you, the two of you parted again.

You were holding his face and looked down at him before saying "You said the girl you were talking about admitted her feelings... When did I do that?"

"When you were shot. You couldn't remember, but when I was holding you, you told me that you loved me. I, of course said it back and meant it, but I was terrified you were gonna die. Then you said you didn't know what you said, so I left it alone."

You just smiled and said "Well, I'm glad you finally told me. I've loved you for so long. I mean you're so kind and you took me in when I'm struggling."

He returned my smile "You deserve nothing less, my love."

"Oh my God! I love that nickname! I can't believe we didn't get together sooner!"

The two of you both laughed before asking "So we're together now?"

You paused and said "Oh... I'm sorry, I didn't mean to assume or anything! Only if you want to. Like if you don't wanna label it or-"

He cut you off with a kiss.

You both laughed into it before he pulled away and replied "Of course I want to be in a relationship with you! I'd love nothing more than for you to be mine. But maybe let's not tell the whole team about it just yet."

"Well... I'm sure Emily is gonna figure it out soon enough."

He sighed "And Dave."

You giggled and said "How about we don't come out and just say it, but if they ask, we'll just say we are?"

He nodded "That's why I love you!"

He pulled you back into a kiss and that's how you remained for most of the night, kissing and in each others arms.

Happy at last.